Chapter 8

Shailene POV

"Oh my gosh, he actually left you like that? He's such a jerk Shai!" Ana exclaims as she sits down next to me handing me my favorite ice cream. I shake my head, "I don't know Ana, I mean I do feel somewhat bad about it but overall I actually feel fine.... Is that weird?" She thinks for a second and looks at me, "Yeah it is kind of weird, are you guys okay?" I take a spoonful of ice cream and start eating it, trying to stall as much time as possible. Just by her being here for me I know I can fully trust her, she dropped everything she was doing just because I needed someone to talk to.

    I finish my spoonful of ice cream, dang I should have taken a longer eating the spoonful. I shake my head, "To be honest... I don't even know anymore. I thought we were okay...." She hugs me from the side and I don't fight her on it, I let myself feel vulnerable for the first time that night. She gets up and quickly goes over to her bag and then runs over to the DVD player putting something in. I eat another spoonful of ice cream, slightly laughing at myself for eating my feelings. She returns to the couch and looks over at me smiling. "What did you put in?" She steals a spoonful of my ice cream, I pull my ice cream back, "Hey you have some right next to you!" She laughs, "I know but I put on a movie that will cheer you up so it makes up for it!" Before I can say anymore the opening for 'Dirty Dancing' comes on, I smile big because it's my favorite movie!

    Throughout the movie I can hear Ana's phone going off, someone has to be calling her. I watched her pick up her phone and make a face while putting her phone down. I was so curious into who was trying to contact her, they must have called over 20 times during the movie. When the movie was finally over I finally got her attention, "So did you get famous and didn't tell me? Who keeps calling you?" We laugh at my bad joke and then she shrugs, "I don't know actually, it's an unknown number." Before I have a change go respond you hear the vibrating on the phone and when she looks down she groans, "Ugh Shai is this what you have to go through? I seriously am a little creeped out." I scoot closer to her so I can see the phone and then my heart skips a beat when I see the number. I gasp and she notices, "Shai is everything okay?" I look at her, "Ana you need to pick up the phone..." She looks at me confused, "Now!" I order as I press the answer button and put it to her ear.

    "H-Hello..." she stutters. I can tell she is nervous, she probably thinks it's a killer or something. I see her eyes go wide, "Daren? How did you get my number?" She sounds surprised, she looks at me and I nod my head, whispering "I'm not with you right now." She nods back but then puts the phone on speaker. I hear, "-operator found you. Can you come outside right now?" I raise my eyebrow at her and she shakes her head. I decide to listen to their conversation before I jump to conclusions.

    "What do you mean come outside? Where are you at? I'm not on campus right now."

    "No I'm talking about your house Ana... come out."

    I see her eyes go wide, she looks scared. "WHAT?!?! How did you get my address! What are you doing at my house? I barely even know you nor did I give you that information." I could hear the panic in her voice.

    "Don't freak out, I'm not stalking you or anything. I just really needed to talk to someone and you were the person for me."

    "Talk? Talk about what?"

    "Can you just come out? I've been banging on your door for the past hour and calling you."

   "Daren I'm not even home right now, I'm out doing some errands."

     I hear him sigh in defeat, I'm surprised Daren waited this long for her. He's very impatient with things, so for him to wait for than an hour is a big deal. "When will you be home?"

    She shakes her head, "Not for a while, what do you need to talk about?"

    He takes a minute to respond, "Just life I guess, but I'll see you at school. Okay?"

    "Okay." She quickly hangs up the phone and looks at me. "Shai I swear on everything I didn't give him my number or my address. I'm actually kind of freaking out on how he got it. He's not that kind of guy is he? If he is it's good that you're getting away from him!" By the look in her eyes I can see she's genuine about it all, I know she wouldn't lie to me, after all she was a fan of me! I shake my head, "Ana I know you didn't, you're not that kind of person. As for how he got your information I really am not sure but I know he's not a stalker kind of guy so don't freak out!"

    I see her slowly start to relax, I lean back on the couch, "So why did you put it on speaker?" She cracks her knuckles, "I didn't know why he was calling me right after you guys had that argument and I didn't want you to think I was hiding something from you so I had no problem letting you listen to the conversation. I smile and hug her, "Ana you're seriously an amazing friend! I need you to do me a favor though..." She nods so I continue, "I need you to join my Philosophy class, then I can figure out everything."