Chapter 44

Shailene POV

"So you told him the trip was for you guys?" I ask, patting Ana's back while trying to relax her. "I didn't know what else to say, it sounded pretty good doesn't it." She sniffles, I hate seeing her like this. I nod, "I'm so sorry girl, I know you guys just got together and I feel so bad for causing problems. She leans back on the couch and covers her eyes, "No Shai it's fine, just shows he doesn't actually trust me. I mean yeah, I technically am lying but I'm not lying about being unfaithful to him."

I get up and grab some ice cream from the freezer, bringing it back and handing it to her. It's not your fault, I know he does trust you... you can see it in his eyes. That's just how Daren is, he always had so many trust issues... I don't know why, he never told me."

She looks up at me and wipes her eyes, "It just sucks because I really do care about him... I just need trust from him."

I run my hand through my hair, "This is all getting so complicated... maybe we should just tell him."

She quickly interrupts, "No Shai, we all know if we tell him now he's not going to take it in a good way and he'll freak out. Then all of this will be for nothing, don't worry about Daren and I, I promise I'll figure this out eventually."

I sigh, "Okay, I trust you... just if it gets out of hand... please tell him. Me and Theo can figure out what to do, I don't want something good going to waste."

"Don't worry Shai, everything will be fine." She starts smiling, "Speaking of you and Theo... what's going on with that?"

I start to smile, "I'm not sure but we have a lot of fun together, we hang out a lot and we're always laughing. That's a good sign right?" She starts nodding so I continue, "I just don't know if he likes me back, it would be crazy for him to like me back but at the same time if he doesn't, why is he still hanging out with me?"

She hands me the ice cream, "He looks at you differently Shai, it would be very foolish if we were to think that he didn't like you. Why would he go out of his way to hang out with you so often and to make sure it was kept a secret? He doesn't want to lose you and you don't want to lose him. I say... give it... a month. Then you guys will be together, I have a good feeling."

I take another spoonful of the ice cream, "What do you mean he looks at me differently?"

"You remember how you say Daren looks at me in a different way, Theo does the same for you. It's different from how he looks at the rest of us. He'll be looking at you and then he will talk to another student and his expression changed completely."

I take a breath of relief, "Really.... That's actually amazing... I-"

All of a sudden a knock comes from the door, so unless Ana is having another friend come over it must be Daren. We look at each other and I can tell how tense she is, most likely he just showed up with no invitation. "Do you want me to send him away?" I ask, she gets up "No it's okay, go talk to Theo and I'll deal with Daren. Maybe you guys can figure out what you are." She smiles as she puts the ice cream away, I give her a hug and open the door. Of course giving Daren a mean glare as I leave but then the nerves kick in when I get to the car, what's going to happen between me and Theo?

A/N; Do any of you guys like Doctor Who? If I wrote a story with the 10th Doctor & an original character would anyone read it? Comment below

<4