Chapter 41

Shailene POV

Ana left a little while afterwards, we watched a little bit of Sherlock together which it was super fun watching them bond over that. At first it was quiet but more towards the end they got to know each other a little better. I smile thinking about my best friends meeting and bonding, I knew it would work out perfectly.

"Why you smiling Shai?" Theo calls from the couch.

I look over at him and sit next to him on the couch, "Just thinking about how good tonight went, I think she is more comfortable with it."

He lays his head down on my lap, "Thanks for the heads up, nearly gave me a heart attack when she came over."

I laugh and run my hand through his hair, I love his curls. He's part Greek so he has curly, thick hair. It's something I can't describe but I really do enjoy the feeling of it. "I just wanted to see how you would react, I'm really glad you guys can bond. I want both of my best friends to be friends, then we all can hang out!"

He nods, "What about Daren? When are you guys going to tell him?"

I shrug, "I'll tell him soon, I just first wanted to get Ana comfortable with you so when we do tell him we have majority favoritism."

"So 2 out of the 3 have to like me so that will ultimately have Daren accept me into the group as well?"

I nod, "Exactly the plan! Besides you have a better chance with Ana than Daren just because of how you guys started out."

He rolls his eyes, "Yeah, actually don't remind me of that. I'll laugh if we become good friends and we laugh about this in 20 years."

I laugh, "I think I was more surprised about how you agreed to give Ana those few extra points for her test."

He shrugs, "It was actually just a few points, I usually do that with my students in certain cases so it actually worked out more in my favor."

We talk for a little longer and soon we fall asleep on the couch together.