Chapter 11

Ana's POV

    "Good for you Shai! I'm really proud of you for standing up to him! You deserve someone who gives you their full attention!" I hug her as she laughs, "Ana I didn't technically break up with him, I just told him I didn't know where our relationship stood." I nod but smile bigger, "Still, that's a big step for you! You just need to be honest with him and don't hold anything back." She sits back and I can tell there's something she's holding back from me. "What?" She exclaims, I raise my eyebrow at her which makes her shake her head.

"Why did you leave anyway?" She quietly asks, I shrug. "I don't know, I just felt weird being around him. Since he called me yesterday and stuff, then I felt like he was staring at me a lot when we were talking so when my friend called me I found it was a perfect opportunity to get away and give you guys some time to talk..." I trail off when I notice she's deep in thought, as if she's debating something in her mind. She gets up quickly and smiles at me, "We should get to class, to get a good seat and everything. They fill up quite quickly in that class." I nod and get up.

As we're walking I can't help but wonder what's going through her mind, is she hiding something from me? Does she not trust me or something? So many things go through my mind, in the end I just decide to stay away from Daren because my friendship with Shai means a lot more to me than an attractive guy. Class isn't a long walk away so we get there within a reasonable amount of time, we sit down and she turns towards me. "Remember you weren't with me last night, you were out doing errands." I nod but ask, "Yeah I remember, why are you reminding me now?" She quickly points to the door and I turn around and see Daren walk through the door and the second he spots us he freezes in his steps. Oh Great...

Shailene's POV:

The second he saw her, he froze. I would give anything to know what was growing through his mind. I know he stopped because of her because he isn't making eye contact with me. I wonder if he realizes I'm right next to her, or if she's the only thing he sees. Surprisingly... I'm not mad at all. That's the moment I realize I'm not in love with Daren anymore, I think I stayed with him because he's all I have over here. Even though I'm not in love with him anymore, I don't think I'll break up with him just yet. As bad as this sounds, I think I'll try to see if he does anything with Ana, and if he does I'll see if she's truthful to me about it. I want friends who will tell me the truth even if it hurts, as long as their honest it's all that matters to me. He recovers and smiles sitting down next to me, his eyes wandering back to Ana. This should be interesting.

Daren's POV

I quickly rush to class, I know that it fills up fast in class so I need to go early to get a good spot. As I turn the corner to get to class I look around to make sure that damn professor isn't around so I don't knock into him again and make a fool of myself. I mean he does control my grade and stuff, so if he wants to dock my grade down by a few points he probably has the power to do so. I enter and the second I look up I see her beautiful face. I freeze up, I don't even remember where I'm at. All I could focus on was her beautiful brown eyes, and her breath taking smile. It quickly fades as she turns away from me. I can feel my heart slowly tear in half, which confuses me. I'm with Shai and I know I love her, well I used to love her. Maybe she was right and we did grow apart, but with Ana... even though I didn't know her long I felt this attraction towards her, like her gravity is pulling me in. I couldn't explain it, I could honestly say that I never felt it before. A kid walks past me and it brings me back to reality, oh yeah that's right, I'm at school! I look at the classroom and see that more seats were taken, when did everyone get here? I thought it was only me and her in this room. I smile and walk towards them, I'm about to sit down next to Ana but I see Shai so I have to sit next to her so she isn't suspicious. Even though I sit next to her I can't help but glance over at Ana, just the little things she does fascinate me. This is turning out to be one of my favorite classes.