Chapter 31

Shailene POV

    After I left the school I went straight home and went straight to bed. I had so many thoughts going through my head, all different possibilities. It really surprised me on how much I wanted to kiss him in that moment. I wonder if he thinks the same, or is it just me. I don't know when all of this started, we were just studying but slowly I started falling for him. I smile so much when he said we were best friends, it made me really want to introduce him to Ana and Daren since they are my other best friends. I wonder how they will take it.

    I look at my phone and see several texts from Theo.

Hey Shailer!

Shailers?

Shai bae?

WAKE UP SHAI!!!

See you're getting me back for taking your phone, message received.

Ugh, want to come over to help me grade tests?

I'll see you at 7:30 Shai, wake up soon.

    I can't help but laugh at his texts, usually he'll blow up my phone more so it's a surprise he kept it so simple this time. I look at the clock and see it's 6:50 so I quickly get up and start getting ready. I dial Ana's number because I have to tell her now, I wait as it starts ringing.

    "Hey Shai what's up?"

    I clear my throat, I didn't expect her to answer so quickly. "Nothing much, just needed to talk to you about something. What are you up to right now?"

    She pauses for a second, "Well... actually I'm about to go over to Daren's cause he has a surprise for me... but Shai if you need me I can tell him I'm going to be a little late."

    "No no no, it's okay Ana. You're already busy and it's with Daren so it has to be special. I'll talk to you afterwards okay?"

    "No Shai I promise it's okay, I'll just call Daren and tell him I'm going to be a little late. He'll understand."

    "Ana please, don't come. Daren probably has something awesome planned for you so don't keep him waiting. Just call me afterwards or tomorrow me and you can just go out to lunch or something."

    I hear her sigh, "Fine, but if you need something don't hesitate to call me okay?"

    "Okay, have fun with Daren, I'll talk to you soon."