Chapter 32

Shailene POV

I get to Theo's house and I know that he usually leaves the door unlocked when he knows I'm coming over, and if the door is actually locked then there's a spare key hidden under this heavy rock. I open his door and walk in, wondering what the occasion is for tonight. I walk into his living room and see Theo sleeping on the couch. I smile and sit on a chair just opposite of him, I can't help but just stare at him. Which is creepy in its own way but he truly looks peaceful, like he has no care in the world. I get up and go over to his bookshelf, grabbing some book about life and sit back down. I start reading and get lost in the book. I'm on page 46 when I hear a yawn.

I put the book down and he's already staring at me, "I'm so sorry Shai... how long have you been here?" I shrug, "About 30 minutes, not too long." He nods and slowly starts sitting up, "Theo you're tired get some sleep. I'll still be here when you wake up." He looks around confused, I think he's still trying to process everything that's going on. He looks super tired, I know the past few days of school have been rough on him. "Let's watch a movie Shai, then I'll fall asleep." He says slowly, you can tell he isn't fully awake.

"Theo you're going to pass out any second, you'll be asleep the whole movie." He nods but continues to turn on Netflix, picking out a movie. "Yeah but you can sleep too, so it all works out." I roll my eyes and set the book down, going over and sitting next to him. He picks a movie and lays his head back down, "I'm sorry Shai, I promise I'll wake up in an hour or so and we can just hang out." I nod and run my hands through his hair, that makes him fall asleep faster. After a few minutes his breaths sound like they have even out so I slowly start inching my way towards the book. I carefully lift up his head and walk over to the book. I can read the book and watch the movie at the same time.

Just as I'm coming back to him he lifts his head up, "Shailene?" He looks over at me and I can't help but quietly laugh and how cute he looks when he's waking up. "Yeah Theo? Everything okay?" He nods but reaches out his hand, "Come here...." I walk towards him and place my hand in his, he pulls me towards him on the couch and starts pulling me down to the couch. "Lay down with me please...." I can't fully tell if he's aware of what he's saying, I can feel my heart racing as I start laying on the couch with him. He pulls me into his arms and I look up at him, he's slightly smiling as I can tell he's falling back asleep. My head is on his chest and his arm around me, I look up and watch the movie.

I hear his breaths even out so I know he fell asleep, I cuddle up with him a little more and take in his scent, which is very appealing. I smile as I focus on his breaths and let myself drift off to sleep.