Chapter 29

Shailene POV

One Month Later.

School is still going amazing, ever since I started studying with Theo my grades have significantly improved. I'm becoming one of the best students in the class, so there are perks of studying with the professor. Like I said before, I actually really enjoy the subject a lot so I did just need this little push to be a better student. Everything seems to be falling into place, we are all doing well in school, Ana and Daren are getting closer to starting a relationship, and I'm exploring more every day and discovering new places.

There's one thing I can't figure out though, Theo. Whenever I'm not with Ana and Daren, I'm with Theo. All of us haven't hung out together, they don't know I hang out with Theo. They only see him as the professor while I see him as my friend. There are days when me and Theo study but then there are days we just hang out, no school involved. Theo is actually really funny, always cracking a joke. Some inappropriate but I just go along with them. He's smart too, that's a given since he's a college professor. He has a lot of amazing and fascinating ideas/views.

We know a lot about each other too, I know about his family and how he is the baby of the family and how he has two brothers and sisters. He loves music and before he became a professor he was the lead singer in a band called Shere Khan. He can play the piano and guitar, even beatbox (which he is really good at). He especially loves food, he enjoys a good steak and his favorite snack is Cheetos. We know so much about each other, I think I'm slowly starting to like him.

I mean I hang out with him all the time and we're always having such an amazing time. I know so much about him and I love his personality. I don't want to admit it myself but I think I'm slowly falling for him. I wonder how he feels about me... probably nothing because I'm just a student to him. Well a friend and a student, I don't know what he sees more. There are times when me and him flirt, but it's minor. I always feel my heart racing when we do flirt, I wonder if he feels the same way.

When I'm with him, it's a calming feeling. I feel comfortable about everything, nothing seems to affect me when I'm with him. When we flirt I feel my heart racing, just the thought of him possibility of him liking me makes me smile like an idiot. When I'm away from him I start missing him a lot, just his presence relaxes me. We're always smiling and laughing, if this doesn't work out then he will always be such a great friend to me. I just want to know how he feels, maybe if I knew that I could decide how I feel. All I know is this, he means a lot to me.

But should he mean a lot to me? He's my professor... I mean I remember him saying that some students are friends with their professors and that's normal, but this is different because this is actual feelings. I haven't felt this way before, not even with Daren, and that worries me. I like to think I feel this way because this is a new area for me, but I think I just like him too much. I have to figure out my feelings and quickly, I have to tell someone about this so I know I'm not crazy about all of this. Ana.