Chapter 37

Theo POV

I don't know what it is but I think I'm actually starting to fall for Shailene. Just by having her in my arms last night, having her spend the night... all of it was perfect. Whenever I'm with her I'm always having a great time, we can talk about anything in the world and make it entertaining. I bet she can make watching paint dry fun. Our friendship is just growing stronger and stronger, it's something new to me. Who would have known I would have fallen for one of my students, maybe that's why I always felt this pull towards her.

I'm pulling up to her apartment and see her car, I smile as I know she's inside waiting for me. I wonder what we're going to do today, cooking or movies? Whatever we do I know we'll have a blast doing it. Like I said she could probably make watching paint dry interesting. I park my car right behind her and start my way in. I know her door isn't locked either when she tells me to come over, even though it's nice because I can just come in whenever I want I still want her to be safe.

The second I walk in the door I hear my name and see Shailene walking towards me, "THEO!!!" I pull her into a hug as I say hello back. I feel a smile overtake my face, I can't help but be happy when I'm with her. She has this charm about her that would make anyone happy. I look down at her and it literally takes all my strength not to kiss her. I follow her to the living room where she plops down on the couch, looking comfortable as ever. She asks me what movie I want to watch and I decide to watch Sherlock Holmes, the BBC one of course. Have to support my fellow Britains. 

We've watched a few episodes before and now Shailene is really getting into it. We're on 'The Great Game' and Shailene decides to go make some popcorn for us. When she gets back I eat one and see Shailene sitting there looking at the popcorn. "Everything okay Shai?" She looks up at me, "Oh yeah, sorry I spaced out for a little bit. I was just thinking about how I wanted to start eating healthier." I must have made a face because she looks at me funny, "What's the matter?" I chuckle and shake my head, "Nothing Shai, I guess the thought of giving up my Cheetos affected me a lot more than I thought." She throws a pillow at me and laughs, "You and your Cheetos, I swear you should just marry them."

I can't help but laugh and imagine a place where me and my Cheetos can be happy together, but then I would love it so much I would end up eating the cheeto and that would be the end of it. I lay down on the couch and I see Shailene just sitting there with her arms crossed looking at the TV. I scoot closer to her and grab her arm pulling it to me, "Lay down with me?" I didn't realize till afterwards that it sounded more like a question, but hopefully she says yes.

"Last time we slept together so it's not like we haven't done this before." She looks at me as if she's debating on it and then she scoots closer to me and lays down. I smile and wrap my arms around her, all of this is perfect. We start the show and halfway through it I hear a knock on the door. I immediately sit up and look at Shailene, she shrugs her shoulder and gets up. I hear the knock again and see Shailene walking towards the door, I quietly call her name but she doesn't hear me. What is she thinking? People can't know we're as close as we are, especially when we're cuddling and watching a movie.

I see her get closer to the door and right as she's about to get there I decide to get up and run to the bathroom.