Chapter 7

Theo POV

    I stand there a few seconds after Shailene and Daren walked out, not quite sure what I just experienced. Something about being that close to her, something about wanting to help her, my first thought was her. I shake my head, 'Theo come on mate... this is your student. Relax.' I think to myself, I mean I have met some attractive people at this school (A/N; Theo is about 4 years older than Shailene, he's not that older compared to other students so please don't think he's a creep! Lol) but none of them have stuck out like she did.

     I try to push the thought out of my head as I grab my bag and head out the classroom, that was actually my last class for the day so I quickly walk over to my car. Trying to avoid all of my coworkers and students. The last thing I need right now is for someone to stop me and accidently let something from my mind slip out. How can I explain something I know nothing about, I can't even describe the feeling I got when I was with her. It felt like I was finally at peace but at the same time my heart might have jumped out of my chest. I can't make sense of any of this.

     I get in my car and I quickly pull out of the school, but not quick enough because as I'm driving towards the exit I see Shailene and Daren in a car together looking at each other. I drive away too fast to see anything else, I wonder if they were talking about class. A sharp pain flashes across my chest, oh no, please don't tell me I'm jealous now.

                                                                                    Shailene's POV

     Right as the door closes I can feel the tension in the air. Daren is just sitting there looking at the wheel, as if something was going to appear before him. I know everything upset him greatly, but I know it's not the time to say 'I told you so'. I slowly touch his hand and the look he gives me sends shutters throughout my body. I quickly drop my hand as we stare at each other for a few minutes. Though those few minutes felt like hours, I couldn't look away from his eyes. Not because I enjoyed looking at him, it was because the look in his eyes changed. Like the final puzzle piece was finally added and he was seeing light for the first time.

     It was all very strange, I would have figured he was mad about the whole professor/karma thing but his eyes told a different story. I finally break the trance when I realize a car just speed out the parking lot. "Stupid jerk doesn't understand the dangers of speeding." I hear Daren mutter as he puts the car in drive. It's a quiet ride to my apartment, we didn't even put on the radio to listen to any songs. Every now and then I would glace over at Daren, trying to figure out what's going through his mind. He looks angry and relaxed at the same time. I didn't know that was possible. Once we pull up to my apartment I realize something, he didn't even glance at me once.

     He's about to get out the car when I grab his arm, "Daren what's the matter?" He shrugs and I can feel anger overtake me, "What do you mean nothing? Daren you haven't said one word to me this whole car ride to my apartment and you won't even look at me. Look I get it if you're still mad about the whole professor thing-" He cuts me off, "Of course I'm mad about that, how do you think I would react to it?" I shake my head, "Daren... you were really rude to him... you were and you must know that..." It's quiet for a few moments, I make him look at me, "Daren what else is on your mind? I can tell something is different about you..." He shakes his head at me, "I got to go Shai, I'll see you tomorrow at school." I nod and get out the car without fighting him about it. As he drives away I don't feel sad at all, I feel relief.

A/N; GUESS WHAT!!!! I DECIDED TO UPDATE ALL OF MY STORIES TWICE A WEEK INSTEAD OF ONCE A WEEK! YES YOU HEARD WEEK! TWICE A WEEK FOR ALL OF MY STORIES! So if you could go check out my other stories! A few people have messaged me asking for this, and I love making my readers happy so now expect updates MONDAY & THURSDAY!!!!!

<4