Chapter 36

Shailene POV

We decided not to talk about it at the restaurant since people we're around and I wanted it to be kept a secret. Which was kind of a waste getting the desert but it was actually good so in the end it was worth it. We are both in separate cars driving to my apartment, it would be much easier to talk there. I can already imagine the questions she's coming up with at the moment, it's like I can already hear her. I laugh at the thought, who knew all of this would have happened.

I pull into my driveway and see Ana pull in right behind me. About time we talked about this, I need to make sure we have this talk over before Theo comes over, I have a plan for him as well. We get into the house and Ana immediately jumps to the couch, making herself comfortable. I laugh just because that is what best friends do. She grabs a pillow for support and looks at me, "Continue the story please!"

I roll my eyes and sit down, I'm glad that all of this is a good story for her. "I don't know, honestly at first he was my professor and then he turned into my best friend. Then last night when we were sleeping next to each other I just wanted his lips on mine..."

She smiles big, "Oh my god Shailene you have a crush on him!"

I throw a pillow at her, "Of course I do Sherlock!"

She stands up tall, "Hey, that's a compliment! I love Sherlock!"

I lay down on the couch, "Before we start talking about Sherlock and Benedict Cumberbatch can we focus on my situation first! I don't know what to do or how he even feels about me. What happens if this is just a one sided thing or if he thinks I'm crazy for even developing feelings because he is my professor!"

She sits there and thinks for a minute, "Or what happens if he likes you back..."

We sit there in silence looking at each other, what would I do if he did like me back, what would we do? So many possibilities flood my head when I hear, "I'm surprised you kept it a secret for so long, I would have been dying to tell you!" I nod, "Trust me I was, you're my best friend and I wanted to tell you so many times but I wasn't sure how you would react to it."

She comes over and sits by me and hugs me, "As long as you're happy and he treats you right, that's all that matters to me." I hug her back and think about how I feel towards him.

"So what's his actual name? Do you call him Mr. James all the time?"

I shake my head, "No his name is Theo, we are on a first name basis!"

She asks me questions for awhile, trying to understand it all. Which I knew what was going to happen so I was able to prepare myself for it.

"Serious question Shai........ Can he raise my grade a few points on my last test? I'm two points off from a A+"

I laugh as I push her, "Ana he doesn't even change grades for me, it doesn't work that way..... wait... A+? When did you get super smart?"

She shrugs, "Well I don't have a good looking tutor like you, I just have Daren." She winks and we start laughing again. She suddenly stops laughing and looks at me, "Wait, are you going to introduce him to us? I mean it will be weird at first since we know him as our professor but if you like him I have to get to know him. Best friend rule."

I smile and look at her, "Actually... I have a plan for that."