Chapter 33

Shailene POV

    I wake up and I see a whole new different view, I'm not sure where I'm at for a few seconds. It's not my house, nor Theo's living room. I turn my head and see Theo sleeping again with his arm wrapped around me. My heart skips a beat because he is so perfect. Wait, I feel something... what is it? I look down and feel my phone going off, I see Ana's name pop up on the screen and right as I'm about to answer it the call turns off. I see that I have 3 missed calls from her, I better call her back and fast.

    "Shailene are you okay? Usually you pick up your phone!"

    I laugh a little, "Yes mom I'm fine, just had my phone on silent for the first time ever." I feel bad for lying, but I can't explain this now.

    She gasps, "Your phone on silent! Why I never thought I would see the day!" She laughs, "Get your butt down here, we have a lot to talk about!"

    I freeze, she's at my apartment. "Um... Actually Ana..." I see out the corner of my eye Theo waking up. "I decided to leave for school a little earlier today, to make sure I went over some material I've been slacking on."

    I hear a sigh of relief, "Thank goodness, I was wondering why your car wasn't here. It's fine, I'll see you at school later, we'll have to catch up then. Lunch?"

    I think for a second, if we have lunch together then we would still have to go to Theo's class together and she will know. "How about after school? So we aren't restricted by time!"

    I wait for what feels like eternity, I hope she's believing all of this. "That's actually a great idea, I would hate for us to start our story and then have to pause to go back to school, I'll see you during break in the cafeteria!"

    We say our goodbyes and hang up the phone, I look over at Theo who's already looking at me. "Sorry I had to take that." He smiles, "It's fine, how was your sleep?" I get up, getting all of my things realizing I need to get to school. "My sleep was pretty good though, what about you?" He gives me a thumbs up and smiles, I tell him I have to get to school and he tells me he has to start getting ready. I give him a quick hug and leave. I hope he doesn't think I'm escaping, I just need to figure out how I feel.