Chapter 16

Theo POV

    I wake up with a smile on my face, today is a new day and I finally have figured out a way on how to get some time with Shailene. I can't wait to see her today, hopefully she goes along with all so I'll get the time with her. During my drive to school I can't help but realize how drawn I am to her. I would have thought after this whole month my attraction towards her would lessen by now, but in all truth it has gotten stronger. I sneak glances in class, no one must notice because I haven't had anyone say anything, and I would love to keep it like that. I just need to see how she feels about me.

    I can't keep her out of my mind the whole day, every time I try to push her out my mind she comes back stronger. I swear there were a few times during class I was so close to saying her name randomly, oh how bad that would have been. I keep looking at the time, thinking hours have passed but in reality only a few minutes have passed. What seems like after eternity, the last class of the day, her class, has finally arrived. I sit at my desk trying to look focused on paperwork, eagerly awaiting her arrival.

Shailene POV

    Finally the last class of the day, I mean this is going to be interesting because this is our first class together since the breakup but I'm not too worried about it. I mean none of us haven't today at all, usually I would hang out with Ana and Daren in the morning before class, and then in between class Ana and I would grab lunch. Though today I seen her with some other friends, I really hope she isn't mad about everything that happened. Honestly I don't see why she's mad.... Well yes I kind of do... trying to set up my ex with her, it's kind of weird. Hopefully we can all make it work out though.

    I stand outside Mr. James class and take a deep breath, I'm not really sure what's going to happen anymore. I count to four and then I walk in the classroom. The first thing I see is Ana reading a book and Daren just watching her read. I start walking towards them and then all of a sudden Mr. James appears before me smiling, I smile back and say hello. "Shailene do you mind if I talk to you after class, it's important." I nod and walk to my seat before he can say anything else.

    I sit down quietly at my seat and see Ana still reading her book. I don't think either them have really noticed me. I clear my throat a few times before they both look at me, I try to stifle a laugh because I found it kind of funny how they both looked at the same time. Ana smiles at me, "Hey Shai what's up!" I shrug, "Nothing much, didn't see you this morning." She finally sets her book down, "Yeah sorry about that, I actually woke up a little late today and then during lunch one of my friends started talking to me and I just lost track of time."

    I look over at Daren, "You weren't there this morning either!" He shrugs, "I just went to class early, didn't know that she was sleeping in." I roll my eyes, "Are you sure you both aren't together yet, missing the same morning isn't just coincidence." I wiggle my eyebrows and laugh, I see Daren looking at Ana with pleading eyes. She shakes her head and picks up her book again, "Keep dreaming Shai!" Just as Daren is about to say something, Mr. James starts talking about class.