Chapter 27

Theo POV

I come back up and see Shai just leaning against the wall, I actually think she's sleeping. I get closer and I can hear her slowly breathing in and out. I smile, she's actually really cute when she's asleep, and she looks peaceful. I look around and see no one in the hallway so I crouch down close to her and nudge her arm, "Shailene, outside my office isn't a good place to sleep. Come on I have a couch in my office." She jerks up and looks around, "Oh my gosh I'm sorry Theo, I'm not even tired at all. I was just resting my eyes."  She gets up and I open my door, "It's fine Shai, just didn't want you sleeping in a hallway."

She walks into my office and places her bag on the floor, falling onto the couch and using her jacket to cover herself up. I can't help but smile when she does it, she must be really tired. I shut my door, and walk over to my desk while setting my bag down. I look over at her and realize she fell asleep again, I quietly laugh and go over to the closet and grab out a spare blanket I had in it. I had some there just when I had to be with Ruth and we would get into a fight I could just come to my office to relax. I cover her up and go over to my desk and start working.

An Hour Later.

I'm almost done with the tests I was supposed to be grading when I hear a yawn, I quickly look up and see Shai stretching while her eyes flutter open. I smile, "Good morning sleepy head."

She looks around very confused and once her eyes reach me they go wide, "Oh no I fell asleep again didn't I?"

I nod and smile, "It's fine, I was just here grading tests... pretty boring."

She rubs her eyes and goes in her bag, "It must have been, I'm sorry for wasting our study session. How much time do we have left?"

I look at my watch, I don't have another class for over an hour. In that moment a thought goes my head of canceling my class just so I can spend more time with her, it's actually very tempting. I shake my head, "I have a class in an hour and 30 minutes, so we have plenty of time" She grins, "Great! We have a lot of time then!" I smile back at her, I really love seeing her happy.

Shailene POV

All of a sudden I wake up and start yawning, it was such a great nap. Wait, this isn't my bed? I sit up and look around, where the heck am I? All I see is a huge bookshelf and landscape pictures on the walls, I look around some more and see Theo and I feel my eyes go wide. I just fell asleep in front of him, how long have I been asleep? Did I do anything embarrassing while I slept? So many things go through my mind. "Oh no I fell asleep again didn't I?"

He nods and smiles, he must not have really cared. We exchange a few more comments and then he tells me we have more time to study! I smile really big, I enjoy spending time with him. He's so much fun to be around, it's like talking to a friend. I look at my phone while getting my papers out, I should be in class right now. I guess sometimes things are worth missing class for, no regrets.