Chapter 3

Shailene's POV

My first few classes haven't been so bad. Although I accidently fell asleep during one of my lectures, I've really enjoyed my classes so far. Almost all of them were let go early, since all we did in was go over was introductions and what we would be doing in the class. Daren and I only have our next class, but when we both have spare time we meet in the cafeteria. There's so many food options here, they have something for everyone's taste. I usually would go for some pizza, but after the talk with my friend about her lifestyle change I decided to go for a healthy salad. It's not that bad, maybe one day I can make a permanent life change and become healthier. As I'm eating I hear a loud shriek which causes me to jump up and turn my attention to where the noise came. When I look up I see a girl looking at me covering up her huge smile, I sigh, even if we move all the way across the world there will always be people who recognize me.

  I look at her for a few moments and see she's still smiling at me, I can tell she's very excited to see me. She must be nervous or really star struck because she hasn't even tried walking towards me. I set my book down and wave her over to me. Her eyes get really wide and she looks around, she must not believe I'm talking to her because she points to herself and raises an eyebrow. I can't help but smile, even though at times it was overwhelming to see fans, I always loved making them happy. I nod to her and wave her over again. She quickly rushes over and I get up and give her a hug, once we pull back she looks at me. "Oh my god I can't believe it, Shailene Woodley at my school!" I laugh and sit down, she sits down with me clutching her stuff.

  "It's just Shai, but it's nice to meet you! What's your name?" Her smile just gets bigger, "My name is Ana and I'm a huge fan of yours! I loved you on Secret Life, it was such an amazing show...even though I wasn't too fond of the ending it was still my favorite show!" I laugh, none of the fans liked the ending of the series. I don't think I've ever met a fan who actually agreed with how the show ended. Ana runs her hands through her hair, "I'm sorry I just didn't expect to ever meet you, I must be acting like a crazy fan girl!" I shake my head, "Actually Ana, you're one of the most relaxed fans I've met!" She laughs and slowly gets out her notebook, "That makes me feel better, I can only imagine how other fans are like... do you think I could get your autograph... and possibly a picture with you?" I can't help but smile again, I only met this girl a few minutes ago and she's probably one of the most kind and considerate fans I've met. I agree and sign her notebook, she pulls out her phone and we take a few pictures.

  We sit and talk about school, it's both of our first year of college and thought it would be an adventure to go to a school in a different country. We're talking when I feel a pair of arms wrap around me, I look back and see Daren. "Why hello beautiful, I see you made a new friend." He's smiling and I look back at Ana and I can see she froze up again. I laugh and look at Daren, "She's actually a huge fan of the show!" Daren lets go of me and walks over to Ana pulling her in his arms and kissing her cheek, "Thank you for all the support babe, means a lot to us." I don't know whether to feel jealous or not but the thought passes when I see the smile of pure happiness on her face. I love it when we can change fans lives. Daren signs her notebook and takes a few pictures of her, then he gets someone to take a picture of all three of us. We're all talking when I look at the time and see that class starts in about five minutes and we have to leave right away. As Daren is saying goodbye I write my number on a napkin and hand it to Ana, telling her to text me and that we'll get lunch soon.

  Even though Daren showed her a lot of attention I actually did enjoy her company, she was a really nice person and I could see a friendship happening between all of us. As we're walking away I look over at Daren, "She's pretty isn't she?" He agrees and I stop in my tracks, of course he would agree. He stops and his eyes go wide, "Shai... I didn't mean it like that...." I roll my eyes and start running to class, I can't afford to be late on my first day. I hear Daren running after me, I block out his calls and focus on my destination. I can finally see the classroom when I hear something hit the floor. I look back and see Daren and a guy on the floor, papers are everywhere.

  Daren quickly gets up, "Watch where you're going mate, some of us are trying to get to class on time." He sounds a lot harsher than he should be, I slowly walk over to him and place my hand on his shoulder. He shakes it off, I try to say something but he cuts me off. "I don't want to hear it right now, prick should have watched where he was walking." He storms off to the classroom and I look at the man he knocked down. He's picking papers off the ground, I knell down and start helping him. "It's okay miss, I can handle picking up papers. Though that man should get an attitude check." I look at him and for a second I get lost in his brown eyes, he's an attractive man. I look down when I feel like I was looking at him for too long, I hand him the rest of the papers and we get up. "Don't mind him, he's not having the best day."

I look at my watch, damn it I'm late. I look back at the classroom and see the door is still open, hopefully my professor isn't too mad I'm a few minutes late. I look back at the guy, "Again I'm sorry for how he acted towards you, you didn't deserve that at all. I'm late for class but I hope you have a great rest of the day." I smile and then walk towards my classroom. Time to get my last class for the day over with, Philosophy.

A/N; So about this new Allegiant second movie name change! What do you guys think?? Honestly I'm not happy with it because I feel like it's going against Veronica's books even more, Allegiant is perfect just the way it is........ Well....... Except........ *insert crying face here*

<4