Chapter 43

Theo POV

I step out of the shower and the only thing I can think about is Shailene. I really do enjoy being with her, a lot more than I should. I shouldn't have hid yesterday from Ana, she probably thinks I didn't want to meet her or that I'm weird. I sigh as I get my suit on, it's really important that I get her approval. That's Shailene's best friend... it's crucial. What happens after that though? What happens after we all become friends? How do I feel about Shailene?

All these questions run through my mind as I start driving to school, I know there's only a month in a half left of this semester. So if I did want to possibly start something with Shailene we could wait until she isn't my student anymore to avoid any conflict. A smile slowly creeps on my face, just thinking of me and Shailene together gives me an incredible feeling. I wonder if she feels the same way.

Ana POV:

I get to school and go sit in the cafeteria, I decided to let Daren sleep since the only class he had today was Mr. James and that wasn't until later. I sit at the table eating my apple when I hear a throat being cleared. I look up and see Mr. James standing there, awkwardly standing there I might add. This is going to be interesting.

"Hey Mr. James, what's up?" I begin, trying to break the silence between us.

He looks down at the chair, "Do you mind if I sit?"

I shake my head and he sits down. We look at each other for a few moments, not really sure what to say.

"So how was your night? Did you end up doing anything else or just went home?" He asks, I try to forget that he's my professor and that right now we are trying to bond as friends.

"I went to go see Daren afterwards and I stayed the night there, so it was a typical night." I laugh, but not because anything was funny, I laughed because I just talked to my professor about my personal life.

"How long have you guys been dating.... If you don't mind me asking of course. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

"We've been dating for a day, a very new relationship. I mean we've been friends ever since school started and then somewhere in the friendship it became romantic." I say, might as well just tell him most of it seeing that he's going to be around more often.

"That's very good, you guys look happy together so best of luck to the both of you." He smiles. The smile is very genuine, which causes me to smile back.

"I would ask you, but I safely assume that you can't talk about it here." I whisper.

He sits up straight, looking around to see if anyone is near. When he looks back at me all he does is nod. I take another bite of my apple when he asks, "So where are you from? I notice there isn't that big of a accent, well not an accent from here. So I assume you're not a native."

I shake my head, "No I'm not from here, I'm from the United States. California, not far away from where Shai lives actually which is weird to know cause it's like I lived so close to my best friend and I never knew."

I realize that we both are pretty close to each other, not wanting anyone to hear the conversation. We go on talking about how he's been to the United States a few times and that he plans to go back soon.

"Any place in particular worth going to in California?" he asks.

"Gosh, there are so many different places you could go, depends on what exactly you're in the mood for."

He smiles, "So then I'll be expecting a tour from you whenever I go down then!"

I smile back, "If I give you a tour of California, I expect a tour of London. There's so many beautiful sights here, I feel like I haven't even made a dent in sight seeing!" We both start laughing and then all of a sudden I hear another throat being cleared. We look back and there is he, with a not so happy look on his face, Daren.

A/N; Thank you all for your feedback, I decided to start a sequel for this!

<4