Chapter 39

Shailene POV

I feel so bad for Theo, he's so caught off guard. I didn't know how else for this to happen, I mean maybe if they met in public but in public no one is allowed to know about our friendship so I decided to do this in the comfort of my own apartment. I didn't think he was going to hide, I just thought Ana would walk in and then everything would be out in the open. Guess sometimes things don't go that way.

Ana POV

Darn he's not in the room, I feel like I've looked just about everywhere in here. The most typical place was under the bed, most cliché place to hide. Sadly Mr. James isn't cliché and wasn't hiding under there. I leave the room and try to figure out where he is hiding, I know I need to find him quick or the moment would be lost. I decide to check in some closets next, typical place for someone to hide.

No luck again, before I decide to look randomly some more I stand there and think. If I were Mr. James where would I hide? I'm not sure how clever he is but I would probably hide somewhere least expected. But the place least expected is the room, because it is so personal. So then where is the most expected place to look?

I step back out into the hallway and think, if someone was coming into the house and I wanted a quick getaway where would I go? The bathroom! I look over at the door and see that it's completely shut and dark, which I know Shailene never shuts her doors so that much be it! I decide to take the element of surprise and catch him off guard. I walk down the hallway slowly and stop right in front of the bathroom, I look at the door and back at Shai.

I walk towards her and then towards the door, I wait about 30 seconds and then I open and shut the door. This is when I'm going to catch him off guard. I wait a few moments and slowly and quietly make my way back to the bathroom. I finally reach the bathroom and stand out there for a few moments, this is it. This moment will officially change people's lives in different ways. I can actually feel the importance of this moment. I take a deep breath and pray that I don't open the door to Mr. James using the restroom because that would be pretty awkward. I open the door and see him standing there. Just as shocked as I am.

"Oh...... Ana........ hello." He slowly says. I take a deep breath and look at him, he looks more relaxed outside of school. "Hey Mr. James, what brings you to the rest room?" I laugh right as I realize what I said, "Actually Mr. James, don't answer that! It's pretty obvious about why someone goes to the restroom!" He chuckles, "Oh this isn't my home... oh no... where am I at?" He gets up and starts walking funny. "I must be so drunk right now." He starts slurring his words and stumbling, is he actually trying to pull the drunk card?

Shailene comes over and looks at Mr. James, "Theo what are you doing?" I look over at him and he straightens up for a second but then slumps over, "Oh no I'm so drunk! Ahhhhh. I must get home now! Speak of this to no one!" He starts walking towards the door all funny and I can't help but slightly laugh at him, he's getting really into this. He's just about to get to the door when Shailene calls out, "Theo she knows. It's okay."