Chapter 24

Theo POV

I wake up and stretch, still feeling good after last night. I would now consider me and Shai friends, we're more on a personal level now since we call each other by our first names. I wonder how she feels about it all. I mean she was really comfortable last night with everything but how will she feel when she sees me in class as her professor instead of a friend? I shake the thought away as I start getting ready for class.

It was really good hanging out with her, I really enjoy her company a lot. She's funny and outgoing. Even though she could hold a serious conversation, she could also make someone forget about their worries and have a good time with them. I learned a lot from her last night, especially about places in the United States. I can't wait to go, even if she isn't my tour guide, she made it sound exciting and magical. She really loves her family, I can relate to her that way. We both are close with them and would do anything for them. I can't stop smiling as I get ready to teach class.

Shailene POV

I wake up and yawn, I should have gotten more sleep. I couldn't sleep last night because I stayed up thinking. It felt like my mind was in overdrive. Smiling and thinking was all I could do last night. It felt really nice being with Theo, I mean I know he's my professor and all but I really had fun with him last night. I don't know exactly what that says but to me it means I want to see him more.