Chapter 9

Theo's POV

I turn the knob and go into my house. I sigh loudly and drop my bag to the floor. I take off my jacket to put it on the chair while loosening my tie and walk over to my couch and fall onto it. I sigh again covering my eyes, I don't even know what I'm experiencing anymore. I don't even remember the last time I felt like this. I close my eyes and fade out the rest of the world, it wasn't going successful but then all of a sudden I hear my name being called. I spring up and jump to my feet, when did someone get in my house?

    I hear my name again and then her turn the corner towards me. Ruth. She slowly walks to me but I'm paralyzed with confusion. She wraps her arms around me and what feels like a few seconds she let's go. Nervously chuckling, "What? No hug for your girlfriend?" I shake my head, getting myself out of the daze which lasted a lot longer than I thought and hug her back. "Sorry Ruth it's been a long day at work... I guess I'm just tired." She nods and kisses me softly, I close my eyes and try to feel. I used to feel something when I kissed Ruth, now all I feel is nothing. I pull back and slowly walk the other way, what is going on with me?

    "Theo hunny? Is everything okay?" Ruth asks, I shake my head and refuse to look at her. I know I love her, deep inside me. I mean we have been together so many years, she'll always have a place in my heart... but am I in love with her anymore? I know I'm not. In that moment I realize all the things wrong with our relationship. Her not even living with me anymore, her not paying attention or really caring about my day, not going out like we used to. Don't get me wrong, it's not all her fault, I changed as a person too. I'm not as caring as I used to be, or I don't do romantic things anymore, I'm probably considered rude when I don't listen to her stories.

    I sit down and put my head in my hands, I can hear her rush over to me and put her hand on my back, "Theo what's wrong...." I hear her start, I move so her hand falls awkwardly off. I sit there looking ahead, hoping that this isn't real, that none of this is happening. I look at her and grab her hand, "Ruth... you know I love you...." She faintly smiles and nods, "I love you too Theo." I sigh, I can feel my hands trembling. I'm not good at this. "But Ruth... I'm not in love with you anymore...." She gasps and I can see tears start to form in her eyes. Her hands slowly fall from mine, I just want to look down but I know I at least owe her this. She shakes her head, and in almost a whisper she says, "I feel the same way Theo..."

    She looks down and starts crying, I pull her in my arms and try to comfort her. I feel wrong doing this because I know it makes things harder but I owe it to her because she once meant a lot to me. I don't have the urge to cry even though it's hurting me a little. I just sit there silently and let her cry. Through cries she asks me questions, "When did you start feeling like this?" "Is there anything we could have done to prevent this?" "Did I do something wrong in this relationship?" I shake my head and answer her truthfully, "Ruth, I honestly don't know when all of this happened, it didn't happen out of nowhere but I think gradually I just started to fall out of love with you. I don't think we could have done anything to save this relationship, we just both became two different people. It's not your fault but it's not my fault either, it's our fault."

    She cries for a while talking about all of our years together and how she loves me and wants me to be happy. I tell her it back and I actually mean it because even though she had her faults, she didn't go out and cheat on me, nor did she make this break up more difficult than it should have been. We're both being adults about it even though it's difficult. She gets up telling me that she has to leave, she walks around the house grabbing the few things she has here. I help her take her things to the car and hug her before she gets in the car. I kiss her cheek telling her I'm sorry things had to end this way, that maybe with time we can be friends but if not I wish her the best in life. She nods and tells me she loves me, not waiting for a reply. And as she is driving away I realize it's not sadness I'm feeling like I'm supposed to, it's relief.

A/N; Theo & Ruth are done!!!!! I didn't want to make it a bad break up because I do respect Theo's & Ruth's relationship, I honestly don't think she's a mean person like the other fanfics describe her as! I mean I still totally ship Sheo but I do respect the relationship, as long as he is happy is what matters to me!

<4