Chapter 18

Shailene POV

"So what did you want to talk to me about Mr. James?" He leans back in his chair and smiles his biggest smile, I can't help but smile back because of how attractive he looks when he smiles. I have to assume this has to be good because if he was going to tell me something bad then he would have a more serious face. "You know your test grade wasn't as good as you hoped it would be..." He says as I nod, oh no this must be bad.

"I personally don't like seeing my students failing... I know you have a lot more potential then what was reflected on your test..." I nod back, not sure exactly where he's going with all of this. "I was just curious, until you improve your grades if you would like help, like a tutor in my class." I think for a second, do I really want to have a tutor? I nod, "Yeah sure, I mean I have the time and then if it helps me in the class..." He grabs some papers, "I would personally tutor you.... So you can get the best results of course!" I chuckle, "Go big or go home I guess Mr. James! I should be getting an A+ by the end of the semester!" He laughs, "I would hope so Miss Woodley, if not we would have a big problem."

We both walk out his class together and told him we would meet at the local Starbucks at 8. I look over at the table and see Daren sitting there alone. I walk over to him and sit in a chair, "Where's Ana?" He shrugs and sets his head down. I sigh and touch his shoulder, "You tried didn't you..." He shakes his head, "I don't think I stepped over any boundary lines, I just told her that I would wait until she figured everything out. Basic stuff. I don't know Shai.... Maybe she doesn't like me."

I rub his shoulder, "Like I said give her some time... maybe I can talk to her or something..." His head immediately comes up, "Shai if you do that for me that would mean so much to me, I hate to ask you just considering we just broke up but it would make me so happy if you did." I smile, "Daren it's okay, I told you I actually like you guys together." I get up, he looks at me confused, "Where are you going?" I smile, "I have a tutoring session later on..." He wiggles his eyebrows, "Is it a guy Shai? Already moving on?" He laugh as I roll my eyes. "Shut up Daren, it's with Mr. James. He said it would improve my grade a lot since I get help from professor."

He gets up and starts walking away, "If your grade starts rising really fast then I know how you got it." He laughs and I roll my eyes again. I swear this happens so often, him laughing as I'm rolling my eyes. I shake my head and start walking towards my car. As I'm driving I can't help but think about tonight.