Chapter 40

Theo POV

"Theo she knows. It's okay." She knows? How long has she known? I stop in my tracks and look back at the both of them. Shailene looks concerned and Ana looks like she's trying to contain laughter. I run my hands through my hair, I just made a fool of myself in front of her best friend. I walk back over to them and sigh, "That probably would have been nice to know before I acted like an idiot!" Ana laughs and stumbles, "Oh god SOOOOO much alcohol!" I can't help but laugh at her reenactment of me, Shai is laughing too so it's all good.

We all walk back over to the living room and I decide to sit down as Shai and Ana sit on some chairs next to each other. It's quite for a few seconds and I know this doesn't feel right, "So how long have you known for? This is the first time I'm hearing about this." They look at each other again, I swear that's what women do, talk with their eyes. She speaks up, "I actually found out today, Shai decided to drop the bombshell at lunch today."

"Before or after my class?" I ask, I wonder how long has she known today. "After class of course, I wonder how class will be now." I sit and think for a moment, how is class going to be now. I can't believe I didn't ever think about what would happen when I met her friends, especially since they are all students of mine. I sigh and look at her, "Ana, I really enjoy being friends with Shailene, and it would be awesome if we could be friends as well. We only have a little bit of a semester left so I don't want things to get complicated.... If this could just stay between us."

"Hmmm... how about if we can raise my last test grade to an A+...." She says.

"ANA!!!!!!!" I hear Shailene yell, but right as Shailene is yelling I'm saying "Deal!"

They both look at me, "Really?" they say at the same time. I nod, "Easy enough for someone to keep a secret." Ana cheers, "I actually wasn't expecting you to go along but thanks Mr. James." I stop her, "You can call me Theo, we're going to see each other more often so let's go formal!" She nods and looks back at Shailene. She doesn't look uncomfortable but at the same time I don't think she was really prepared for this either. I know she's happy cause her test grade is about to go up, now I have to get past the professor stage.

"YOU GUYS ARE WATCHING SHERLOCK!!!" She cheers and hops off her chair walking over to the couch. Shailene follows, "Actually it was Theo's idea to watch Sherlock, he loves the show!" Ana looks at me, "You love Sherlock too! It's my favorite show, I'm so happy I discovered it." I smile, "Yeah the show is actually really good! I've been watching it since it has come out."

We smile as I realize we're bonding over Sherlock, maybe everything will work out.