Chapter 14

Spencer's POV:

I'm in the bathroom and I hear a noise. I call for Toby but he doesn't answer. I go back in the bathroom to get ready and then I hear the noise again. I walk out and call for Toby again and still no answer, but I see the bedroom door open and light in the bedroom on, so I walk in and see a figure dressed in black. I try to scream but nothing comes out. The figure turns around, but I can't see its face, and runs at me. Suddenly, I feel unbearable pain in my stomach and feel the dark of unconsciousness start to come over me, fast. When I'm almost completely covered in the darkness I whisper "Toby, I love you!"

I'm shaken awake. "Spencer, baby, wake up. It was just a bad dream." I hear. When I open my eyes I see Toby's worried eyes. I quickly hug him, Barry my head into him, and cry. "Spencer, its okay. It was just a bad dream." He repeats and pulls me away from him so he can look at me, "Spencer, I'm right here your okay." "I- I- I was in the hotel room and I thought you were home and I thought it was you, so I went into the bedroom and saw someone standing there." I say crying harder, "and then they heard me and ca- came at me and all I could fe- feel was this un- un- unimaginable pain in my stomach... and then the darkness started to come over me and I thought I was about to d- d- d- die, so I said that I loved you." He wraps his arms tightly around me, "I'm right here now and I promise I won't let anything happen to you, your safe now Spencer." He lays us back down, but never let's go of me. I snuggle into him again and try to calm my sobs as he strokes my head. When I'm almost asleep again he leans down, kisses me on the top of my head, and says "I love you more than anything, Spencer. Your always safe with me." "I love you too Toby." I say tiredly and then fall asleep in my safe haven, Toby's arms.