Chapter 50

Toby's POV:

Em rolled me into Spencer's room because she insisted on me sitting in a wheel chair or she wouldn't let me go. She pushes me to Spencer's side and then leaves the room. I see that both of Spencer's wrists are wrapped in white gauze and her skin is deathly pale. "Spence?" I whisper. She doesn't open her eyes or acknowledge that I'm even here. Has she been out as long as I have or had she woken up? I didn't ask Emily like I should have. There goes another reason why I'm the worst boyfriend ever. Well, I don't even know if I'm Spencer's boyfriend anymore. She said that she hated me and tried to kill herself because of me. I wish she would wake up so I could explain and then we could be happy again. "Spence? I don't know if you can hear me, but I'm sorry and I really do love you. It wasn't an act. I thought I was protecting you. I thought that if I could be on the -A team and know what they were planning then I could protect you from whatever it was. I can't even tell you who's on it because the only person I was able to deal with was Mona and you already know she was on the team. I promise you that I didn't want to hurt you. I also didn't know that they were going to fake my death to mess with you. I promise you that if you can find it in your heart to forgive me, I will be the best boyfriend I can be. I'm sorry that I've been such a failure, but if you will forgive me I will try harder not to be," I whisper tears streaming down my face. Her eyes flutter open. "Toby? What happened? Why are you apologizing? Why are you crying? Why am I in the hospital?" "You're awake! You heard me?" I exclaim. "Yes now answer my questions." She looks down at her wrists. "What happened?" She asks again. "What is the last thing you remember?" I ask her. "Um... Coming home from the grocery store, making ratatouille, and then looking for candles in the closet." I sigh. "Okay promise me that you will listen to my whole story before you make any decisions or freak out okay?" "Okay I promise." She says looking a little scared. "I'm on the -A team." I start. Her eyes go wide and she starts to cry. "I did it to protect you like I said when I thought you were asleep. I thought that if I knew what they were planning it would be easier to keep you safe. I didn't know that they were going to fake my death, I promise you I didn't. When you were in the closet looking for candles you must've found the false back and found the -A lair. When I got home you yelled at me and thought I didn't care or love you. You locked me out of the apartment and tried to kill yourself." I say motioning to her wrists. "But Spencer I do care about you and love you. I care about you more than anything in the world. You are my world. If you would've succeeded in killing yourself I would've kill myself too. I can't live in a world without you. I can't live without you." I tell her. "How did I survive?" She asks. "I told someone to call an ambulance and then broke thought the doors to get to you, but I was almost too late. You passed out right after I walked in the door." I tell her. "You love me?" She asks. "More than anything in the world." I reply. Tears flow down her cheeks. "Do you forgive me?" I ask. She nods and croaks out a "yes," through her tears. "I love you." I say and then kiss her passionately. When we pull away for air she says, "I love you too."
_______________
Author's Note:
Spoby is still in tact. The summer is almost over (in both the story and in real life) and that means the story is almost over too. It kind of makes me sad because I love writing this, but all good things must come to an end at some point. Only a few more chapters left. 20 votes and 15 comments for the next chapter.