Chapter 19

Spencer's POV:

I stand outside the hotel room door, take a deep breath, and walk in. "Toby?" I yell. He comes rushing through the bedroom doors. When he sees me he pulls me into a huge hug, "Where were you? You didn't leave a note and I was so worried." He says quickly still hugging me. "I needed to take a walk to clear my head." "What did you need to clear your head about?" he asks skeptically. I pull away from him, grab his hand and lead him to the couch. When we are both seated I start. "Toby, I love you with all my heart..." my eyes start to sting, no I can't cry in front of him while I do this. I close my eyes, take a deep breath, and start again. "I've been thinking and you deserve someone a lot better than me. You deserve someone who can be honest and just love you the way you should be loved. I don't know why you are settling for me, but I have to stop you because when you love someone you have to do what is best for them even if that means letting them go and that's what I'm doing." For the first time since I started my speech I look at him. He looks really hurt and my heart is breaking seeing him like this, I feel a tear escape my eye. Before I start crying in front of him I have to finish my speech, "Toby I love you and will always love you. Goodbye." I say getting up really fast. When I get to the door I hear Toby getting up, "Spencer!" He yells, but before he can get to me I'm out the door running for the stairs. Once I'm in the stairwell I run up a flight of stairs and out the door that leads to the roof. I'm out the door and leaning against the wall. I slowly slide down and finally let the tears take over me.