Chapter 21

Spencer's POV:

How did he find me? He knows me too well. He's going to start asking why. I can't handle not being with him. He is the only person I can be myself around. I didn't want to break up with him. Why is -A making me do this? I know they want to make my life miserable but this is way worse than miserable. I need him to leave me alone up here. He can't be here. What if -A is watching like they always are. Even if I tried to get him to leave he wouldn't go and truthfully I don't want him to go. He is the only I want to be around right now. I need my safe place to land and that is and always will be Toby, but -A wont let me have him with out putting him in danger. Still hugging me he says, "Spencer why? I don't understand. What did I do because I will fix it or change it, whatever it was just tell me. Please." That just make it worse. He didn't do anything. Stupid evil -A. Whoever -A is needs to get a life and stop trying to ruin the small amount of life that I have. "Toby, you didn't do anything. It's me. This is all me, all my fault." "We are a team. You can't just break up with me because you get scared. I'm here to get you through those times." He needs to stop talking and go away because the more he is here and talking the more it makes me want to forget about what -A is making me do, even though it will put him in danger. I can't let him get hurt. "Toby I'm doing this for both of our safety, okay. You have to leave me here right now." I feel my throat closing up. This is too much for me to handle. I can't breathe. "Spencer, I don't know what you mean by 'safety' but I don't care. I will protect you. I promise." "Your the one who needs protecting... from me. That's why I'm doing this. You have to leave." I get out right before my throat closes completely. He pulls me away from his chest to look at me. "Spencer, I can protect myself," I hear him say but everything is starting to fade into darkness. "Spencer? Spencer!" He yells. And then everything goes black.