Chapter 38

Spencer's POV:

I feel physical pain. It's literally like my heart has been ripped from my chest. I know that I'm not because if it did I would be dead and be able to see Toby again. My eyes are a waterfalls after a really rainy spring, the tears won't stop and there're coming strong. This can be happening. Not Toby. I didn't even get to tell him that I'm sorry and that I love him. I can't even comprehend life without Toby. I mean yes, I have had to breakup with him and we've been apart for long periods of time before, but nothing this permanent. Not where I can't see his beautiful face again or his amazing blue eyes. Not where I will never get to talk to him again. Not where I will never get to kiss or hug him again. Letting him love me and me loving him are the only real accomplishments in my life. Not getting straight A's in all of my AP classes. Not getting accepted into every college I applied to. Nothing in my life is worth anything without him. I can't live with out him. He is my knight in shining armor. My safe place to land. Living without him has no meaning. I could never love anyone the way I love Toby. I wanted to get away from everything and move somewhere far away, so it was only me and him. I wanted to come home everyday and know that he was there. I wanted to marry him and have kids with him and just have a great life together. Nothing could ever replace him. No one could ever replace him. He was is my soul mate. Without him I'm nothing. To top it all off the last words we said to each other were in anger. Now he will never know that I didn't mean anything by what I said. Now he'll never know that how much I love him. I sob and sob. My throat is sore and closing. I'm choking for air, but I can't catch my breath. I try to get up, but I'm too weak. I gather all my strength and get up enough to see Toby still laying on the ledge and still not moving. "I love you." I say and then my throat closes completely. I fall back to the ground. Everything starts to blur and fade until everything goes black.