Chapter 28

Toby's POV:

I hear Spencer's terrified screams. My eyes shoot open as fast as humanly possible. I look around the room, but nothing is there. I look down at Spencer who is still asleep. Then I realize it's one of her nightmares so I shake her awake. "Spence I'm right here. Wake up. You're okay, I'm right here." Her eyes pop open and I see the pure terror in them as she looks around the room, they calm a little when she sees me. "How did I get here? Why am I here? Toby I'm so sorry but I have to leave." She says getting up and running out of the room. I get up and run after her. "Spencer, please come back I will do whatever you want just please come back here." "No, I can't. I don't know how I got here, but I can't be here right now it's not safe." I catch her right as she is about to open the door, "what are you talking about? We already discussed this, I will keep both of us safe okay? Now please come here." She looks at me confused, "what do you mean we already talked about this?" "Spence, what is the last thing you remember?" "Me running to the roof and crying." She says looking down. Now I'm confused. How can she not remember our talk? "Spencer think really hard after that. Do you remember me finding you on the roof?" She thinks for a moment, "yeah I remember crying into your shoulder and then you asking questions I couldn't answer and then an eerie darkness." Okay so she remembers passing out, but how can she not remember waking back up? "Well, lets go lay down and talk about this in the morning maybe you're just really tired. I mean you haven't been getting any sleep the past couple of weeks." "No Toby I can't. I have to go to Emily's room or Hanna's or Aria's or anywhere but here." She tries to open the door but I lean on it so she can't. "No you are going to come back with me and get some sleep and we will figure the rest out in the morning." She is about to protest when I add, "and it's not a question it's a statement." I say and then pick her up and carry her back to the bed. The minute I lay her down she is back to sleep and cuddling back into me when I lay down next to her.