Chapter 22

Spencer's POV:

Black. All I see is back. I can't hear anything but my own thoughts. I need Toby. I can't stand to live without him, but that means keeping him safe. Keeping Toby safe means I have to stay away from him. But staying away from him only hurts both of us. He says he can protect himself, but what if he can't? Then -A wins and I loose the most important thing in my life. I loose my safe place to land, but I still loose my safe place if I let him go. I don't know what to do. I know Toby will keep fighting me and the harder he fights the harder it will be for me to stay away from him. The only thing I can think to do is wrong. I know I can't do it. I can't tell Toby about -A. Is telling him the only option? I could stay away from Toby, but that would kill me eventually and just because -A says they won't hurt him they still could just to hurt me. And if they hurt him and I was apart from him then we would have lost time together. Worthless time apart. Can I take the risk? Should I take the risk? If I take the risk do I have to tell Toby about -A and all of the horrible things they have on me? Will he still love me? Yes, I have to tell him about -A it's the only way for him to protect himself. I hate to think this, but if he doesn't love me anymore after I tell him at least he's safe. That's what matters most his safety and even if we stayed apart, with his persistence and irresistibility to me, it wouldn't be for very long because with out him I'm weak and if I'm weak then he isn't safe. I have to tell Toby about -A it's the only thing to do.