Chapter 23

Spencer's POV:

Somehow with my decision to tell Toby I am finally freed from the darkness. My eyes flutter open and I see that I am in Toby's arms and he is running down stairs. "Toby," my voice comes out in a raspy whisper. He looks down at me, "Spencer what happened? You scared me," he says slowing down. "I don't know what happened, but I need to talk to you right now. Can we go back to the room?" "Are you okay?" "Yes, I'm fine. I just really need to tell you something and you won't want to be holding me when you hear it." "Spencer what are you asking about?" "I will tell you, just take me back to the room." "Okay, but if you feel light headed or faint again I'm taking you to the hospital." "Toby, I'm fine. Just take me to the room before I loose my courage." "Okay," he says walking back up a flight of stairs and opening the big metal door. He walks to our room door and pulls out the key. He unlocks the door, walks in, and walks to the couch with me still in his arms. "Toby please let go of me." Am I really about to do this? Yes, I have to. "No," he states with a smile spreading across his face. "Toby let go. I can't do this with you holding me." Reluctantly he lets go and sets me down on the couch next to him. I turn and look at him. Where do I start? At the beginning I guess, with Ali.