Chapter 53

Toby's POV:

Spencer comes out of the bedroom and looks amazing! She always look amazing, but she is killing me in that dress. It's a beautiful black, lace dress that comes about half way up her thigh. She has a tan colored purse and is wearing tan colored high heels to match the tan tulle under the black lace of her dress. "Wow!" Is all I can say. She takes my breath away. "Do you like it?" She asks. "Y- yeah." I stutter out. "Um should we go?" She asks. I nod my head, "yeah we- we should." I say and then extend my arm toward her. She giggles and then takes and we walk out the door. We eat dinner and talk about how excited we are for school and where we want to live and everything that we can think of. We order desert and and then go for a walk outside. I look at my watch. Only a few more minutes. "We've only been to the Eiffel Tower during the day. We should go see how it looks at night." I suggest. "I'm wearing heels." She says. "Check your bag."

Spencer's POV:

I open my purse and there's a blue box. I open it and see that there are tan Tieks. "How?" I ask. Toby chuckles. "Just put them on and follow me." After using the elevator to the top floor Toby and I get off. We walk to a corner that isn't as crowded and look out at the city. I put my heels back on and slip the flats back in the box and into my bag. Then I hear the song Where You Belong by Kari Kimmel start to play over the speakers. I see Toby take a deep breath and then turn to me. He takes my hands in his and starts to talk. "Spence I love you more than anything in the world. You are my everything and you are my life. I don't know what I would do without you. We've been through so much together. I know your parents and your sister don't approve, but I'm happy that you didn't listen to them because I wouldn't have been able to survive without you. I know that you are where I belong. Even when I feel alone you are always there for me. That's also why I picked this song." He chuckles to himself. I feel tears streaming down my cheeks. "I guess I'm kind of rambling a little. Well, I guess what I'm trying to say is Spence I couldn't have made it this far with out you and I don't ever want to be without you. I can't ever be without you." He gets down on one knee and pulls out a little black box from his pocket. "Spencer Jill Hastings, will you marry me?" He asks. Tears soak my face. He didn't just ask me that. This is a dream right? "No." His face drops. "Wha- what?" He asks. Tears start to come to his eyes. "No. I didn't mean no as my answer. I asked myself if this was a dream. I was answering my own question, not yours." I babble. "I'm sorry. Of course I will marry you. Yes!" I exclaim. He stands up and kisses me while picking me up and spinning me in the air. It's just like in a movie. Toby's my fiancé! Soon I will be Mrs. Spencer Cavanaugh!
_______________
Author's Note:
Yay! They're engaged! I'm thinking that the epilogue will be their wedding. What do you think? Did you like it? I still haven't decided about whether or not there will be a sequel because I kind of want to start a new Spoby story, but I'll tell y'all in the Author's Note of the epilogue what I decide. Know that if I do a sequel it probably won't be as long as this. Wanna help me come up with names for it? Post them in the comments and I will dedicate the first chapter to the one I pick😃! (Remember they're go to be living in NYC, but that doesn't have to be part of the title.) 25 votes and 20 comments for the epilogue.