Chapter 42

Toby's POV:

I woke up with Spencer in my arms. I almost lost her yesterday. I don't know what I would have done. I can't live without her. Life wouldn't be worth living I'd she wasn't with me. "I love you," I whisper to her. I know she's asleep and can't hear me, but that doesn't matter. I want to do something nice for her, something special. I kiss her temple and push a stray strand of hair out of her face and tuck it behind her ear. Her eyes lids flutter open, revealing her beautiful chocolate brown eyes. "Toby?" She asks. I can hear terror in her voice as her head whips up and she looks around the room. "Shh shh, I'm right here. Shh, you're okay." I say trying to calm her down. I can see the tears brimming her eyes. When she sees me she blinks and the tears run down her pink cheeks. She buries her head in my chest and flings her arms around my waist. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." I say as she sobs into my shirt. She pulls away from me and looks me in the eye. I wipe her tears with my thumb. "I love you," I say to her. "I love you too," she says. My heart breaks to see her like this, even more so to know that it's of my own doing. I didn't mean to hurt her. I never wanted to hurt her. "I'm sorry. I promise I'll make it up to you." "Just you being here, with me, is plenty." We lay together for a while. We lay in silence just enjoying each others company. "Spencer? Why don't we get ready and spend the day together." She looks up at me with those gorgeous eyes of hers. "Okay," she says. We get get up and Spencer goes to take a shower. I call Emily. "Hello?" "Hey Em its Toby-" she cuts me off. "Toby? Where have you been? We've been worried sick. Spencer's in real bad shape. I think she might hurt herself. She needs to see you. She thinks you're dead. She went to the hospital and they wanted to put her into the psychiatric ward." I sigh. Hearing all of this makes me feel even worse. "Em. I know and I'm with her right now. I need to make it up to her somehow and to do that I need your help." "Um okay." "Listen closely. This is what I need you to do..."