Chapter 49

Author's Note:
Read all the way to the end.
______________

Toby's POV:

*2 weeks later*

I'm in a black suit and I'm back in Pennsylvania. I'm standing in front of a gravestone. My mom's gravestone. My heart hurts. It aches. It longs for Spencer. My spencer. My beautiful, funny, kind, loving Spencer. "Mommy what do I do now?" I ask my mom. "I don't know what to do. Spencer's g- I can't even say it. She was the love of my life. She was my soul mate. You would have loved her. I wish you could have met her she was amazing. She was beautiful and elegant, but in a simple way. She- she," it's too hard to go on. "I don't think I can live without her. She ki-. It's because of me. She did it because of me. It's all my fault. Mommy, I'm sorry I'm such a failure. I'm sorry that I couldn't be the son that you deserved. I'm sorry. I love you mom. I have to go," I lay one of the two flower bouquets on her grace and then walk to another. This one has fresh dirt on it. And a marble headstone. Spencer Jill Hastings. Loving daughter and sister. "I'm so sorry Spencer. It's all my fault. Everything I did was to protect you. I know now that it wasn't the right way to protect you, but at the time I thought it was my only option. I thought joining the -A team was the only way to keep you safe. I know I was stupid. I love you and always will. I really do love you. If you can hear me just know that... it wasn't an act, I really do love you. Always have, always will," I cry and put the other bouquet of flowers on the fresh dirt. I did this. It's all my fault. I drop to the ground and sob. "I'm so sorry! I'm such a failure. I tried to save you and ended up doing the complete opposite. I'm so sorry." "Toby. Toby!" I hear as someone shakes me. My eyes pop open and I jump when I see Emily. I look around wildly and see that I'm in the hospital. "What- what happened?" "Calm down Toby. You're going to send yourself back into a coma." "Wait what? You found Spencer and then when you knew she was in the hospital and, for the most part, safe you had an anxiety attack from all of the stress. Then something else went wrong and you went into a coma. That's all the doctors would tell me because I'm not family. You've been out for two weeks." "What? Wait how is Spencer? Where is she? Is she okay?" "Again Toby calm down. She's doing okay. She lost a lot of blood, but she's stable." "I need to see her. Where is she?" "Lets make sure you're okay and then you can go see Spencer." "No, Em, I need to see her now. I really messed up and I'm the reason that she did this. I need to see her and explain myself." "Just give me an hour and then I'll take you to her," she says. "Thirty minutes," I counter. "Fine," she say and then goes to get a doctor. He comes in and tells me I need to rest and some other things, but I don't care I just need to see Spencer. After he leaves I make Emily take me to see Spencer. She reluctantly agrees and takes me.
_______________
Author's Note:
Yay! Spencer is alive! It was all just a dream, but is Toby forgiven? 20 votes and 15 comments to find out.