The Departure

I don't own any of the NCIS. Cbs does. I just make up the story line.
Hope y'all enjoy!

Ziva's POV

After I told Tony he was loved, we shared what I believed to be our last kiss. I could see the pain in his eyes, and I am sure he could see the pain in mine too.
"Come with me." He plead
"Tony, you know I cannot." I whispered gently. Slipping my necklace into his pocket. He sighed, and started walking towards his plane. Watching him go breaks my heart, but I can not go back. Not to him, or Gibbs, or McGee, Ducky, not even Abby. I love my NCIS family, but I desperately need a change. A change I cannot ask any of them to make with me. Not when their lives matter so much back in DC. I just hope that my actions to heal myself, do not hurt them as much as they hurt me.

Tony's POV

She's gone. Ziva, my best friend is gone. And just my luck, she is gone when I finally realize I am in love with her. I glanced back and saw Ziva standing there, tears spilling out of those beautiful brown eyes. I sure will miss that beautiful Israeli. I feel numb as I fly back to DC, back to the rest of the team. I don't want to think about the anguishing looks I will receive when I have to tell them all that Ziva is not coming home. Leaving her feels like I've left a part of myself there with her.

Gibbs' POV

I've watched Tony ever since he came back without Ziva, he seems depressed. I had gotten a phone call from Ziva, telling me she wasn't coming home. I know Tony's behavior is due to her leaving, everybody is hurting, but DiNozzo is taking it the worst.
"Problem DiNozzo?"
"No boss." He said robotically
McGee made eye contact with me and I could tell he was worried.

Tony's POV

I know Gibbs knows what's up. Go figure he's Gibbs. He knows all. Looking at my phone every five minutes, I decided to text her. Her. Ziva.

~I. Miss. You. ~

3rd Person POV

He sat there, sadness in his eyes. Though he knew how to put on a good show for everyone, sometimes he couldn't manage the act he's been trying so hard to sell. He kept glancing at his phone, knowing she didn't turn her's off, but wondering what was keeping her from replying.
"DiNozzo." Gibbs called
"Yeah boss?"
"Go down to Abby's lab, then meet me at MTAC after your done." Gibbs ordered.
Tony headed down to Abby's lab, his job being the only thing keeping him going nowadays.
"Whatcha got Abbs?" Tony asked.
"Good. You're here." She said using her remote to lock Tony in.
"Abby? What's going on?" He asked.
"We need to talk." She said seriously.