Moving In Series

Moving In Series

Changes to the house

Luke:

"Luke I've changed my mind," you walk into the living room, papers in the crook of your arm.

"What?" He looks up from his guitar to you.

"I don't want a bathroom right after the two bedrooms, I want it in between them," you tell him, looking down at the house plan.

"Okay, whatever you want, babe," he smiles at you sweetly.

You sigh. "Why am I doing all of the planning?"

His smile drops, replaced with a confused look. "What do you mean?"

"I mean I'm making the whole layout. How do I know you even like the house? You won't make any suggestions," you reply, trying to keep your tone from hardening.

"Then come over here, let me see the house plan," he sits up.

You walk over and he pulls you onto his lap, wrapping his arms around your waist.

"Yeah, I like this, this is nice," he glances at the plan and then back at you to admire your face.

You give him a look.

He sighs.

"I mean, this wall could be moved to the right slightly to give more of an entrance to the room," he points at the paper.

"Thanks, babe."

Michael:

"Ready guys?" You ask the four boys standing beside you, staring at the kitchen flooring.

"How are we gonna get the wood out?" Luke asks.

"With the hammers," Michael answers.

"What if we get splinters?" He asks again.

"Wear gloves," you reply.

"Isn't there a better way to get the wood out? Like a tool?" Calum questions.

"Probably, but this is funner," Michael exchanges a look with you and you snicker.

"Grab your hammers, guys. Hit the music, Ash," you demand, going to grab your own hammer.

Ashton:

"I can't believe we just bought our own house," Ashton sighs in relief, flopping down onto the bed that you two share.

"It's nice," you lay down next to him and he pulls you into his arms. "But there's a few changes to be made."

"Yeah?" He runs his hand through your hair. "And what are those?"

"The countertops are horrendous," you snuggle into his chest.

"Brown is a bad color for a kitchen," he agrees.

"The carpet in the bedrooms are too worn down, the linoleum in the bathrooms look and feel horrible, the grass in the yard is too patchy," you list.

"We can figure it out later, babe. For now let's just sleep," he requests, leaning over to kiss your temple.

Calum:

"Babe listen to this floorboard," Calum gains your attention while the two of you go down the stairs of your new house.

He steps on the wooden floorboard, making it creak.

He does it again, and soon the whole entry area of the house is echoing the creaky floorboard.

"We can have that fixed, Cal," you reply, making your way back down the stairs.

"Or I can fix it," he swings an arm around your shoulders.

"Because you're such a handy man," you snicker, walking into the kitchen.

"Owning a house means I'm a handy man now. I can fix anything, even this sink if it broke," he grabs the facet of the sink, pulling too hard and ripping it off.

"Looks like you have to fix it now, Cal," you grab a yogurt from the fridge, walking out of the kitchen.