Chapter 13

Wait, what? If he was trying to scare me, that was definitely working . How to respond to that? I took a step back and looked at him suspiciously.

"What are you talking about?" I slowly asked, hesitantly.

"This." Mr. Helbert simply responded, taking an envelope out of his pocket and handing it to me.

I must admit that I was really confused when I realized that it was my writing with my address on the envelope. What the hell was he doing with this?!

"Why? How..?" I mumbled, staring at the piece of paper and then looking at him.

"You know Lauren, some things must remain secret for the good of many people." Mr. Helbert said before he quickly turned to walk away.

"Hey!" I almost yelled, taking a few steps forward. "That's it? Some things must remain secret for the good of many people?!" I repeated with a strong voice.

Mr. Helbert stopped and slowly turned around. "I can't talk to you about this." He said, still with his straight face. "I just don't want you to worry about your parents if you don't get an answer."

"Why should I be worried about my parents? What's happening?" I quickly asked, louder than I wanted to.

He didn't say anything and that freaked me out.

"You can't just leave like that because now I am worried." I added, taking another step towards him.

The man was avoiding my gaze now and it seemed like he was about to say what I wanted to hear, but he didn't. "It's late." He responded, looking at his watch.

"Mr. Helbert, with all the respect I owe you, I don't give a damn." I said and I saw a small smile appearing at the corner of his mouth.

"Fine." He said. "You're worse than your father... Put some shoes on and come with me."

He didn't have to say it twice, I immediately opened the door and entered the room. I was surprised when I saw Camila lying on her side in her pajamas with her eyes closed. She wasn't in my bed anymore and she wasn't even under her covers. It looked like she was waiting for me but I knew that she was exhausted...

I smiled and took the blanket that I had on my bed to put on her. She looked so peaceful that I tried my very best to be quiet. I gently put a lock of hair that was covering her face behind her ear and placed a kiss on the side of her head.

"I'm sorry, I wish I could stay with you, but I'll make it up to you I promise." I whispered before I took my converse and slowly closed the door behind me.

"Obviously, I know that you're all able to." I heard Mr. Helbert's voice.

"We'll try really hard for you sir." Another voice responded.

I saw Dinah standing in front of our former coach.

"Hey, Dinah." I said, bumping my shoulder against hers.

"Lauren?" Dinah frowned. "I thought that you were, I mean, busy?" She said, winking at me with a half smirk on her face.

"I have hm questions to ask to Mr. Helbert." I awkwardly responded.

Dinah frowned again when she heard my answer. "Hm, you know what time it is right girl?" My best friend slowly asked before she quietly laughed.

"Lauren, are you coming?" Mr. H asked, impatiently.

"Yes!" I quickly said. "Dinah, those questions can not really wait, I'll be quick! Be careful, Camila is sleeping." I added before I bypassed my friend and followed my professor.