Chapter 41

I blinked multiple times to make sure my brain wasn't making things up. I wasn't dreaming, Dinah was a few feet away from me.

"How on earth..." I mumbled to myself as I stared at the younger girl slowly walking in the hallway with her trolley.

What the hell was she doing here? My plan with Elizabeth and Davina failed miserably. Everybody knew I was in the building right away. Dinah was getting herself into trouble. I had a bad feeling about this.

I stayed near the door, hoping that my best friend would notice me.

----

Flashback

"Move." I heard next to me, making me turn my head.

I was so jumpy this day. I've been playing this first day of school in my head over and over again. I waited so long to finally be able to study at Hogwarts. I wanted everything to be perfect.

"W-what?" I shyly asked the guy who was standing in front of me, maybe a bit too close to me.

I was sitting on a bench in a big hallway. I didn't really know anyone. I didn't even know the people I was sharing my room with because I fell asleep as soon as I arrived. I mean, I saw that two other girls were in there with me, but we didn't really talk.

"I said, move." He said with a smirk on his face.

"There's a bench right there." I said, pointing at the empty bench in front of me. What the hell..? That was simply rude.

The guy was taller than me. He was wearing the Hufflepuff colors and was quickly joined by other students.

"What's your name?" He asked, staying really close to me.

I was about to answer him, but, from the corner of my eyes, I saw someone I definitely saw before in the school walking towards us.

"Fuck off Spencer." The taller girl approached and stood next to him. "That's not how you're gonna get the girl to acknowledge you." She said, rolling her eyes.

"Come on, Hansen." Spencer kept smirking. "I'm just playing."

"She doesn't seem to think it's funny or enjoyable. Do you?" She asked me.

"Well, I mhm I think..." I started.

"Exactly." Dinah said, not giving me the time to answer correctly.

"Calm down, woman, I just wanted..."

"Hell no." She cut him off. "Don't ever call me or anyone else like that and get the hell out of here." Dinah said, now getting annoyed.

A few people laughed and looked at Spencer finally leaving, letting Dinah and I alone.

"Don't ever listen to the shitty things he keeps saying, he doesn't deserve your attention." The taller girl said as she turned her back on me and started to walk away.

"Wait!" I quickly said, standing up from the bench. "Do we know each other?" I asked, thinking that the girl's voice sounded familiar.

Dinah turned back around and giggled. "We're sharing a room." She said. "I wanted to say hi yesterday, but you literally passed out on your bed and I arrived a bit late so."

I felt a bit dumb asking her if we knew each other when we slept in the same room, next to each other, last night.

"Your name's Lauren, right?" Dinah asked, taking a few steps towards me.

I nodded my head, wondering how the girl could possibly know my name.

"My name's Dinah Jane." The girl smiled.