Chapter 19: The storm

I grabbed my mail box keys and walked out the door. I walked to the box and unlocked my door.
"Bill, bill, junk, Bill....results." (Bill Nye the science guy 😂 sorry I'll go now) I just stood there staring at it. I was scared and nervous. It had taken a month for them to get them back to me. I rubbed my belly. 18 weeks and counting.
"Are you ok, ma'am?" An elderly man asked from behind me.
"Yeah, yeah, thanks." I started walking back to the apartment. I saw Jc and he saw me.
"I'll take the rent." He says. I handed him the envelope.
"What's that?" He pointed to the orange envelope.
"The results." I say.
"You know what It says doesn't change who you love."
"I know."
"What ever you do, keep him in mind." He said. Yeah it's a boy.
"Come on." He put a hand on my lower back and we walked up the stairs.
"I broke o2l, JC." I said halfway up the staircase.
"You did not."
"Yes I did, if I hadn't ran into Kian in the neighborhood. If I hadn't let grandma go to the gas station and buy a lottery ticket.."
"Willa." He shook my shoulders.
"What?"
"Just calm down. Sam is leaving because he wasn't man enough to stand up to the plate."
"I don't know if I can stand up either." I whispered.
"You know what you need?"
"What?"
"A Trevor day."
"Oh shit."
"Yeah." He nodded.
"Please no."
"I'm calling him." He ran up the stairs. A Trevor day, really? I haven't even opened it yet. I haven't even told lady that I'm pregnant. I told Kevin and sandy but I didn't have the courage to tell her. I don't know how she'll react. I walked in and Caroline was watching the news and Jc was on the phone.
"...possible tropical storm heading our way..." The tv blared.
"You feeling ok today?" Caroline asked.
"Yeah, I'm good."
"Those the results?" She asked.
"Yeah."
"That little envelope will change everything."
"I already broke o2l how much worse it can get."
"Don't do that to yourself, Willa, life sucks but you have to push through."
"It's not just my life, it's his too." She nodded.
"Well I'm here." I smiled.
"Well Trevor is on a date." Jc said. I chuckled.
"It's fine, Connor and I are going to the store." I say.
"Pick me up some carrots." Caroline said.
"Yeah." I walked out and drove to the not so o2l house anymore.

  I walked in and shut the door. The house felt weird, like i had walked I into he wrong house. Friends didn't live here anymore, mostly enemies. I walked to Connors room. It was empty. I walked to Ricky's, empty. I walked to Kian's, empty. I walked downstairs and Sam was in the fridge.
"You know you cant just walk in here like you live here." He said.
"I have the results."
"I don't want to see them."
"What if your not the dad."
"That doesn't change the fact that you cheated on me. That doesn't change the fact that I can't stand to look at Kian or your stomach, that doesn't change the fact that o2l is gone. It is nothing anymore!" He yelled.
"Don't yell at me." I stood my ground.
"Or what your start crying because of your hormones?"
"I'm so sorry Sam. If I could could change it I would."
"No you wouldn't. I see the way you look at him. You love him. You don't love me." He pointed to himself.
"I've lost everything, you guys are all I have, I love you all."
"See there's two types of love, and you know exactly what I mean." I curled my lips.
"Where's Connor?" I asked.
"He went out with the guys." He said. A branch slammed into window and He jumped in front of me. He looked at me with a blank expression then walked upstairs. I texted Connor.
Me: where are you?"
Connor: with the guys on our way back
Me: k
I walked into the kitchen and for some Pretzels then walked upstairs to Sam. He saw me but continued to pack his things.
"What was that?" I asked.
"What was what?"
"You jumped in front of me."
"Yeah."
"Why?"
"Because you're a human and I care about your safety." He said.
"You really care about this baby."
"I don't even know it's gender!" He yelled.
"It's a boy." I said. He signed like he didn't want to know.
"Did you read the results?" He asked.
"No. I'm scared."
"Promise me you'll do it with grandma."
"Ok I'm promise." I nodded. My phone dinged.
Connor: turn on the news
"Come on." I walked downstairs and he followed me. I turned on the tv.
"...has turned into a category 2 hurricane. We advise you to stay indoors and stay away from windows..."
"Let's go." He took my hand and we walked upstairs to a open closet. We sat apart from each other but he wouldn't let me next to the door for 'safety reasons'. Connor called and I answered it.
"Hey I'm phones dead, are you ok? Is he ok?" Kian asked.
"Yeah, we're fine. I'm at the house with Sam." I say. Sam looked over.
"With Sam? Did he hurt you?"
"No no, of course not."
"If he lays-"
"He's not going to." I interrupted.
"Be safe. Please." He exaggerated the please.
"You too." He passed the phone to Connor.
"Hey Willa I'm sorry we will have to reschedule. You guys stay indoors, don't leave the house."
"Yeah I got it."
"Ok..... Kian says he loves you." I felt my heart do something weird when he said that. I smiled.
"Ok, love you guys."
"Bye!" I heard Ricky yell. I hung up. Sam was on the phone with Trevor.
"Alright man, stay safe."
"Yeah." He laughed.
"Bye." He hung up.
"Trevor is having an interesting first date in the kitchen of a restaurant." He says. I laughed.
"If you weren't pregnant, would you still be cheating on me?" He asked.
"That's a loaded question." I say.
"Would you? Would you do that to me?" I thought about it.
"I love you both so much. But I can only have one, right now you're not showing father qualities, Kian is."
"That's besides the fact, would you still be cheating on me?"
"I didn't even consider it cheating. Do you want the truth?"
"Yes!"
"I loved Connor before any of you. Connor and I went on dates before you guys even knew anything. When he told me he was gay I was heartbroken. We both loved each other and then that goes away in an instant. I was mad, confused. So I had revenge sex with you. It was my way to get back at him. I didn't intend to have feelings for you, they just came with the package. I don't know if you guys realized but Kian was flirting with me since we met. He was like someone I could flirt with but it wasn't in my head that we would ever be something. The morning after I had my revenge Kian came over that night and he kissed me." I say.
"You loved Connor?" He asked.
"That night you guys took me out to that club, Connor had asked me out." I say.
"Wow. I had no clue."
"Ricky and I went on a date but it didn't mean anything really. It was just for fun."
"Willa, Sam!?" Trevor yelled. Time has flown by. The storm was over. We stood up and walked out of the closet. We walked downstairs. He pulled me into his arms.
"I'm so happy you're ok." He said.
"Me too." I said.
"I don't want you on the roads." Connor said.
"I'll crash here." I say.
"Thank you." He said. I smiled and Kian and I walked upstairs.