Chapter 52: Family Emergency

"We would like to address the rumor." Kian says.
"The rumor." I echo.
"Sam tweeted: expecting someone/ something Kian?"
"The answer is yes." I say.
"We are expecting...."
"Drumroll please!" I say.
"A new addition." Kian says.
"That's right you guessed it. We are getting a new tv!" I say. Kian just looked at me and Laughed.
"Yup! Sorry we waited so long to tell you."
"It's the curved one." I whispered to the camera.
"What kind of budget do you have?" Kian looked at me.
"Oh but there's a delay." I say.
"For how long."
"9 months!"
"That's in May!" Kian yells.
"Ugh. I have to wait that long."
"Alright but for real we are expecting a baby."
"I'm pregnant!" I say.
"Roseland if your watching, if it's a girl Roseland will be her middle name. If you don't know what we are talking about go watch my last video with Willa I made her yell in the street."
"I yelled: if you kiss me I'll name my next baby after you!"
"And we are. If it's a girl." Kian says.
"We are incredibly excited. I can't wait to be a dad. I know I'm Levi's dad but not by blood so yeah."
"We just took Engagement photos last week."
"I'll insert a belly picture every video for you guys to see Willa's progress. We are doing a time lapse."
"Here is week 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10."
"We love you guys and hope you have a great rest of the day."
"Alright we love you, bye."

  I was sketching in my office.
"Will." Caroline Knocks on my door.
"Yeah what's up?"
"Shay wants to talk to the team." She did seem excited but she didn't seam sad.
"Ok." I walked with her to the conference room.
"Alright I have big news." Shay says. He pulls up a slide.
"This is our profit before and after we opened the 3 stores in the LA area."
"Or profit had increased dramatically! I can't tell you how proud I am of you guys." We cheered.
"There's more. We are going to stop the production of our old clothing and bring in yours."
"Oh my gosh!" I said.
"Willa I have to hand it to you. You really know how to lead this team."
"Thank you."
"Caroline your an amazing Vice President, you too have helped us come a long way."
"So starting next year we are having a clearance sale to wipe out the old stuff and bring in the new stuff."
"I'm so proud of every single one of you!"
"Is there a raise?" Collin, a team member asked. Shay laughed.
"Let's keep up the hard work guys." Shay completely avoided his question, we laughed.
"Keep it up." He in plugged his laptop and walked out.
"Oh my gosh! We did it Willa!" Caroline said.
"I know!"
"I just don't know if i can do it- be president- when you go in maternity leave."
"Caroline I have full faith in you. You know how to do it. And it's only for 3 months. Your a very hard worker."
"Are you sure?"
"Im positive."
"Ok." She smiled.
"Hey team, thank you for your hard work you guys make me proud." I said.
"You did a great job too, Will." Colin says.
"But really, I mean it. Your guys are my work family." They hugged me.
"I have a sketch for you." Deanne says.
"Ok." I'm so happy about the stores. Everything is coming together. I'm so happy. Deanne walked into my office and we looked at her sketches.
"I reall-" the phone rang.
"Hello?"
"I'm on my way!" I put the phone down.
"Willa?"
"I have to go its a family emergency. I love it keep doing what your doing."
"Are you ok."
"I have to go!" I started crying. I ran out of the office.
"Hey!" Caroline yelled behind me but I kept walking.
"Willa!"
"It's a family emergency." Deanne says.
"Willa!" Caroline ran to me as I opened the doors.
"Who's is hurt?" She took me by the shoulders.
"Levi." I cried.

  I rushed To the hospital.
"Levi Carson." I said to the receptionist.
"You are?"
"His mother."
"Room 415." I ran down the hall and found the room. I braced myself. I opened the door. Levi was in the bed asleep. Sam and Kian were there. Kian got up and hugged me. I cried as I watched my little guy. He shouldn't be here. He should be home. Kian stroked my head. Sam held Levi's hand. Kian's hand pressed my head into his shoulder.
"Shh." He soothed me.
"Levi!" I cried.
"It's ok." Kian said.
"No it's not." He pulled me away. He took my face with his hands and wiped he tears.
"We are going to find what is wrong."
"He's my boy." He pulled a piece of hair that was stuck to my face away.
"Can we talk in the lobby?" I nodded. Sam just help holding his hand. The machine beeped at a steady pace. Kian took me out of the room.
"What happened!" I asked.
"I was wiping his face with a rag and I saw that there were 2 Bumps in his neck. Doctor said they were swollen lymph nodes."
"Is he going to be ok?"
"They're running tests."
"Tests for what?"
"Viruses and-"
"And what?" I asked sternly.
"Never mind."
"And what Kian?"
"Leukemia." I never thought I would hear those piercing words come of out of his mouth in that context. My heart fell.