Chapter 25: Happy Birthday Buddy

Steph and Lena invited me to Liam's 5th birthday party. The only thing is it's also the anniversary of our parents death.

I stood in my room packing a bag.
"Where are you going?" Kian asked in the doorway.
"I'm packing my hospital bag." I say. He's sighed.
"What?" I asked. He closed the door and sat on the bed.
"I can't stand you dating him." I put a hand on his cheek.
"Kians, it's not your decision." I moved my hand but he grabbed it. Our faces were inches apart. He leaned in to kiss me put I turned away. He left, closing the door softly. Why was it that I couldn't find anyone to date until I got pregnant. Really world? You must be against me. I sat on the bed. Just thinking what I would be doing if I had kissed him back. I definitely wouldn't be here....

I knocked on the door to Steph and lena's with all the guys behind me. Jude answered the door.
"Hey Willa. Hey Connor." He opened the door.
"Hey." Connor messed with his hair. I put Liam's present on the table. I wouldn't be at his party if it wasn't for Diana finding some papers in grandma storage unit.
"Their in the backyard." Jude said. I smiled and we walked back.
"So good to see you!" Lena hugged me and I shook Steph hand.
"These are the guys: you met Connor, Trevor, Ricky and Kian." I say.
"Hi." Lena and Steph shook their hands.
"This is Callie, Brandon, Mariana, Jesus, and Jude." Steph says. I looked at her with the thought of where is Liam. Our heads turned to Liam running out of the house.
"Willa, this is my ex husband Mike." Steph took my attention off Liam.
"Hi." I shook his hand.
"Brandon's my boy." He says.
"Yes Brandon." I say. We talked about his job and guests started to arrive. I was introduced to a lot of people that I'm probably going to forget. I was eating a piece of cake and Connor was making Liam laugh.
"You have cake in your face!" Liam told Connor.
"Where?" He asked.
"Right there, uncle Connor!" He wiped his face. Connor stood up from his level. Uncle Connor was not what any of us were expecting. I have been to their house 5 times this is the 6th. And since I'm not allowed to go alone Connor goes with me. I guess he's just used to seeing him so often.
"Why don't you go play with Jude." Lena told Liam. He ran off.
"I'm so sorry, Connor."
"It's ok, Lena." He said.
"Babe can you take this to the bin?" Lena asked Steph holding up a garbage bag.
"Yeah." She walked over.
"I got it, Steph." I say.
"No it's ok."
"It's the least I can do." She exhaled.
"Thank you." She said. I smiled and took the bag around the corner to the side of the house. I opened that gate and saw Brandon and Callie kissing.
"Oh my gosh." I say.
"Don't tell Steph and Lena!" Callie yelled.
"Callie-"
"This will effect the adoption. Please."
"Callie you shouldn't have been doing that."
"Please Willa." Brandon begged.
"I'm not getting between this its not my place." I say.
"Thank you." Brandon and Callie said. I threw the trash away. What if Steph threw it away. That wouldn't have ended good. I walked back out.
"Willa, we want a picture." Lena said.
"Ok, you want me to use your phone?" I asked.
"No we want you in it." What?
"Really?"
"Your family!" Steph yelled. I smiled. Trevor took my camera. We all gathered to take the picture. Liam was on my hip. He smiled.
"Jesus!" Mariana yelled.
"Mariana!" Steph yelled. I turned to see them fighting.
"3!2!1!" Trevor clicked the camera. No one was paying attention. Jesus was messing with Mariana.
"Hands to yourself." Lena told them.
"Ready." Steph told Trevor.
"3!2!1!" The camera clicked.
"We'll get you a copy." Lena told me.
"Thank you." I put a hand in her shoulder.
"We've been distant and I think that needs to change. Your obviously a very wonderful young lady." She said.
"You have been great to Liam." Steph told me.
"I really appreciate it." They nodded and smiled.
"Of course."

I was cleaning up some plates and cups when I could feel Kian's presence. I stood straight.
"What?" I asked softly.
"Nothing." He said. I turned around. I knew he was checking out my ass.
"You take me home?" I asked.
"Yeah." He put and arm around my shoulder and we walked inside. He kissed me side of my face. I bent down to Liam's level.
"Hey buddy I got to go." I said.
"Ah!" He complained. I smiled.
"Happy birthday."
"Thank you." He said.
"Bye." Mariana hugged me.
"Bye, thanks for inviting us." I say.
"Your welcome." Jesus said. I walked over to Steph and Lena and hugged them.
"Drive safe." Steph told Connor and he swung the keys around his finger.
"You got it." He pointed to her.
"Stay out of Trouble." I told Callie and Brandon.
"Yeah." They nodded.
"Bye mike." I saved with my back to the screen door.
"Bye! Nice meeting you guys."
"you too."
"Wait!" Liam ran over and hugged my legs.
"I love you." He said.
"I love you too buddy." I messed with his hair.
"Come on." Kian nagged.
"Alright by guys."
"Bye!" Kian and I walked to the car. As soon as that door closed Kian out a arm around my waist.
"Stop." I bagged back.
"What?" He let go. I laughed and we got in the car and drove off. Happy birthday sweet guy.