Part 24

Hailey POV

She woke to the sound of loud talking and fast moving footsteps. At first she smiled with her eyes still closed as she stretched. Her little apartment and it's noises was much to take in at first but soon it became music to her ears.

A comfort to know that she was not the only workaholic zombie out there.

Her eyes flutter open, allowing the ceiling to come into view. She frowned. What she saw in front of her had not been there before. Where there was old creaky wood ceiling was now replaced with a lavish glistening chandelier.

'Merry's house.' She thought as she closed her eyes. Day two.

Oh how she wished that she did not feel so much mixed feeling about such a beautiful and fairy tale about her current latitude.

Her eyes snapped to the door as she heard a soft knock. Sitting up, she looked over at Hayden's sleeping form. She raised her hands and passed it over his face, sweeping his over grown hair of it and to the sides. She, once again reminded herself that she really needed to get it cut. Pulling the blankets over him and tucking him in, she got of the bed as slowly and carefully as she can and made her way towards the door.

Opening it just enough for her to see who was at the door she smiled at who she saw. It was the young maid from eariler....uh...

'Great Hailey now everyone would know that you are bad with names....'

"Hi." She whispered, still struggling to remember the girl's name.

'Alana... Gabby....Shelly...yes she do look like a Shelly."

"Hello Madam. Good morning. I hope that you slept well? May I come in?" The maid offered a kind smile as she held out the tray filled with two mugs of hot chocolate with a bowl of little marshmallows on it.

Hailey dropped her attention to the tray. How had she not seen all this time?

"Uh sure..." Hailey opened the door wider, allowing Shelly to pass.

Shelly walked towards the dresser and placed the tray onto it.

"Would you like anything specific for breakfast madam?" Shelly asked curiously.

"Oh no, anything would be fine...." Hailey waved her hands unconsciously through the air as she spoke.

"Ok madam, if you do change your mind please let me know." Shelly nodded politely making her way towards the door.

"Shelly?" Shelly turned around with a curious brow raised. Her lips soon formed into the polite smile. Something that Hailey realised that she did a lot.

'God Hailey is smiling a crime now?' She could almost see her conscious rolling her eyes at her.

"Yes Madam?"

"What is with all the noise?"

"Oh, everyone is busy making preparations for Miss. Stone's birthday party. I'm sorry if our 'noise' disturbed you." Shelly answered, her eyes twinkling with humor.

Hailey slightly blushed as Shelly used back her same words. She wondered if Shelly was making fun of her.

"Oh. Can I help with anything?" Hailey asked. Maybe it was time to see what being Merry's assistant entailed...

"Oh no madam. Actually, Miss Stone has asked to meet with you as soon as you have finished your breakfast...."

"Really?" Maybe this was going to be her first official day at her new job. Hailey felt excited.