Part 35

Matthew POV

He smiled at the miracle unfolding in front of him, as father and daughter found a way to bury their differences. Once again love finding it's way back to their hearts. Turning his attention to the car, he saw the car door open and close. It didn't take long for Hayden to appear, running towards him. Matthew stretched out his hand for him to take. Hayden did so in a heartbeat as they both turned back to look at the beautiful sight.

It's strange how the littlest things could make loved ones drift apart.... And a single second of love to cure their broken heart.

For a split second Hailey's eyes met his. He felt his heart swell in his chest as he saw the most splendid and stunning smile spread across her face.

He did that. No amount of successful projects or deals he had made in the past had made him so proud. Till now he might as well be dead, that single smile pumped air into him, bringing him to life.

Oh how he could spend the rest of his life watching that....

A frown appeared on his face. Rest of his life...

***

Hailey POV

One hour later, they were back on the road. Hailey looked at the one mile mark as they pass by.

It was already dark, the cold air caressed her face as she looked out.

Life is so strange, to think that so much has changed within a few hours.

She arrived at her childhood house feeling like a stranger and left feeling like a daughter.

Turning her attention to the rear view mirror, she looked into the face of the man she could not even begin to understand. He entered into her world like a shoot star, and as he orbits around her, he gradually was changing everything...

For the first time in eight years she felt like she could breath freely. Knowing that miles away in this world she had her parents who loved her. A son who looked up to her... and a knight in shining armor who fought for her.

As she looked into his eyes, she wondered why was he doing all this? What was he to gain from helping her?

A slow smile made it's way onto her face as he lifted his eyes and looked back at her through the mirror. She was beginning to love the way he looked at her, he made her feel like she was the only woman in the planet...

As if seeing her smile his eyes brightened, as if he was amused. She looked away quickly, feeling shy all of a sudden. Why was her body reacting like this towards him?

It feels so strange. He made friends with not only her son but also her father. And so easily. What was it about him that compelled people to be drawn to him. She would be lying if she said she was not to...

Maybe it was his diamond blue eyes or his contagious smile... Maybe it was his devilish handsome looks even...

What would her father say if he found out that they met in a strip club?

What would he say if he found out she was a striper!

He would surely kill her...

If it was ever necessitate to tell him then surely she would have to drown herself at the bottom of a Tequila bottle, or maybe two or three but who's counting?

Unexpectedly the radio came on causing her to jump a little looking towards Matthew, amusement showed on his face from her reaction.

Darn you!

She looked away, pretending to be angry with him. His laughter catching her off guard. Pretending to not hear him, she continued looking out the window, ignoring him.

Her father's last words to Matthew before they left came back to her, making her scold at it.

"Take care of my daughter for me Matthew, I place my trust in you. But a fair warning, even if her mouth is as big as the grand canyon and her anger burns brighter than tartarus... she means well."

Her scold deepened. How dere he make fun of her... And to think Matthew had the courage to laugh made her even more angry. Nice dad. Nice. Make fun of your daughter while she is vulnerable...

A song came on on the radio, causing her to bring her attention back to reality. It was a song written by 90 degrees- My everything. She loved this song! Her attention peaked up as her eyes met Matthew's again....

Why does he always look at her like that?

Oh god. A frightening thought popped into her head. Had he seen all her 90 degrees posters? That would mean...he was in her room!

But for him to go there... her father must have showed it to him....

Meeting his eyes again, that clarified it. Yes....

She shivered a little.

Oh dad you are dead meat!

Her lips tightened into a thin line.

Why did he take every opportunity to embarrass her....?

Being a kid she could understand but as an adult!

Come on dad! Have mercy!

Wanting nothing more than to disappear, she closed her eyes drowning herself in the music and blocking everything and everyone else out of existence.... Ignoring the blush that crept onto her face, growing redder by the second.

___

Hey guys, I hope you laughed at my lame jokes...

Hope you all are have a blessed day so far.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

XOXO

Mel