Part 29

Hailey POV

We have been brought into a strange relationship because of destiny....

Her only question is what is it planning next?

She had so many emotions and questions, but the moment they touched it all flew out the window. 

Raising her hands to her warm swollen lips...

How dare he touch her! Who does he think he is to kiss her... so softly and tenderly?!

When was the last time she let a man touch her? Since...since Wyatt. 

Looking up, she gazed at him... If she hated this man, why did she allow him to touch her?

Without warning, the lights flashed on, bringing both of them out of the darkness. She was taken aback when their eyes met and his eyes were filled with dark unreadable emotions. They both stayed silent and still. Both finding it hard to talk or even move for that matter. 

"What is going on here?" They both turned together in the direction of the voice, finding Alex.

"Nothing" they both answered in sync. Upon hearing each other they looked at each other once more.

"It does not look like nothing..." Responded Alex with a smirk. 

"Excuse me. " Hailey whispered, looking away, turning and walking out of the kitchen. Still feeling Matthew's eyes on her, she refused to turn back. 

Running up the stairs, she went into her room, quickly closing the door behind her back. Leaning on it she sighed loudly... What the hell was she doing?!

***

Alex  POV

"She's a real beauty isn't she?" Alex spoke, breaking the silence that fell between them after Hailey left.

"What are you doing up at this hour?" Matthew asked, ignoring his question. This brightened Alex's smile. Oh his friend was hiding something from him.

"Oh just can't sleep, I thought I would see if Hailey wanted some company but I see now that she is busy.." Alex teased as Matthew's jaw tightened. Most definitely hiding something.

"See you in the morning." Matthew grumbled, moving towards the door. 

"Wait. I have to tell you something." Alex stopped him.

"What is it?" 

"Promise to not tear me apart first." Alex raise a brow, waiting for an answer. 

"Just spill" Matthew rolled his eyes.

"Fine...but you promise?"

"Yes, what is it?" Matthew asked again, growing impatient. 

"Well....I sort of asked Hailey to help us..." Alex trailed off, looking at Matthew's reaction closely.

"Sort of...help with what?" Matthew asked confusingly. When had Alex even spoken to Hailey to begin with?

"Help with finding Cat." 

"What the hell dude!" Matthew yelled, outraged that Alex would do this. 

"Look, we need her." Alex reasoned.

"Why is that?" Matthew asked, folding both hands into tights cuffs, struggling to keep his anger at bay.

"I can't say... just trust me." 

Looking at Alex, Matthew wondered what was the big secret. Alex never hid anything from him till now...

He had no clue what they were getting themselves into by looking for Cat but he was not going to take any chances when it came to Hailey and Hayden's lives. 

"No." He finally spoke.

"No what?" 

"No I refuse to allow her to help us." With that Matthew turned and walked out the door, leaving Alex with his thoughts. 

 ***

  Feeling his phone buzzing in his pockets, he plucked it out looking at the caller identification. Seeing his sister's name flashing he answered quickly.

"Hey sis." He greeted.

"What's up nerd? I went by your office but they said that you left the country?" She asked. 

"Oh yeah, I uh, I am staying with Matthew for a bit..." he informed.

"Really? And you didn't invite me?" she pouted.  

"It's not a personal visit sis, it's has to do with Cat..."

"Oh. Well work or fun count me in!" She yelled happily.

"Wait what-" Before he could finish, he heard the call end. Removing it from his ear and looking at the blank screen, he groaned loudly, passing his free hand over his face....

Knowing her she might as well be calling from the plane! Sighing he began walking towards his room. If Matthew thought he had his hands full before well a rude awakening was on it's way...