Part 30

Hailey POV

Hailey raised before the sun, maybe it was because of Hayden going back to school today or maybe it was because of her restless night...

Taking a quick shower she dressed and went into the kitchen. Finding bread, she made him some sandwiches and went back to her room. By this time he was already up.

Smiling she walked towards the bed where he was sitting looking out the window.

"How did you sleep baby?" She sat next to him, placing her hand on his back.

"Fine mommy." He answered impassively, without looking her way.

Raising an inquisitive brow, she bend on her knees in front of him, forcing him to look at her. Taking both hands and resting them on his soft cheeks she asked. "What's wrong baby?"

"I don't know mommy..." He answered, his eyes looking beyond her again.

"I-I don't under-" Her voice abruptly stopped when a knock was heard on her door. Looking at it and back at Hayden she smiled and got of her knees making her way towards the door. Opening it, expecting to find Kelly, her smile soon faded as she saw who stood there instead. What was he doing here?

His eyes met hers, as they looked at eachother for a few seconds.

"We need to talk." His voice broke through their connection, making her look away.

"About?" she asked confusingly?

"Just meet me downstairs in a few minutes." He turned and began walking away. Was that an order! Her anger rose. How dear he! Who does he think he is?!

"I don't think so. " This stopped him in his tracks. She smiled inwardly. Take that bossy!

"Why?" he asked, not turning to meet her gaze again.

"I have to drop my son to school." this time he turned to her.

"Fine. We will drop him together." Before she could object, he walked away.

***

Closing the door she found Hayden standing behind her, worry filled his eyes.

"I don't want to stay here anymore..." His eyes sparkled as they began to tear up.

"Why honey...what's wrong?" Hailey went towards him, lifting him in her arms.

"I don't like it here."

"But baby, you seemed fine just last night. Did something happen when I left you?" Hailey asked, worry filled her voice.

"I-I just want to live mommy, please..." Hayden's body began shaking as he started to cry. She hugged him to her body. What the hell happened last night!

Listening to him weep, she felt a tear run down her own cheeks.

Maybe he just needed a break from this house and the people it consisted of....God alone knew they both needed it...

But where would they go? Only one place they really can...

"Okay baby. How about we skip school and go see grandma and grandpa?" Hailey spoke hesitantly. Just thinking about seeing them again made her feel uneasy. But feeling her son weeping was all the push she needed.

"Mommy?" Hayden pushed his head of her chest to look up at her.

"Yes baby?" She asked wiping the tears of his face.

"Batman...he is not real is he?"

***

Batman is not real is he?