Part 36

Matthew POV

Finally they were home! 

Matthew let out a long breath as they drove into the driveway of his house. It felt like hours since his feet had touched the ground...

Killing the engine, he opened his door and stepped out. Stretching, he inhaled deeply, the night's air feeling cool against his skin. He couldn't wait to take a shower and jump into bed...

Realizing that Hailey nor Hayden stepped out of the vehicle as yet, he turned to find them both sleeping comfortably in the back seat. 

Would it be mean to leave them? After all he should not wake them seeing as they are so comfortable and all....

A smug smile appeared on his face. If he did leave them....no amount of excuses would get his mother's wrath away from him. The smile began to fade as he thought more about his mother scolding at him...His hands went up to his ears as if he could already feel her pulling them.

Ow.

No matter how big baby bear might grow, he would always be afraid of mama bear.

Sighing his shoulders dropped. He better have mercy on his ears and wake them because his mother surely wouldn't have mercy on them...

What is it with them anyway?

His movement around the vehicle stopped abruptly. They were so close from the beginning... and the only reason for women getting along so well is if they found a common ground... 

Were they planning something? No his mother would never.... would she?

Suddenly he found himself confused, his eyes narrowing on Hailey's sleeping form suspiciously. 

His mother did play pranks on him before.... which he hated but this time.... whatever they are planning he would find out before they got too far ahead of him...

She does not look like a person who would so such a thing....look at her innocent face.

Oh shit up! He scowled at his thoughts. What did it know anyway?...

His mother was a mastermind at playing tricks and presently he found himself looking at her newest accomplice.

Her beautiful accomplice... 

***

Hailey POV

Hailey stirred in her sleep. Her eyes fluttering open as she felt her body being shook. 

Earthquake? oh god earthquake!

 Her eyes shot open, alarmed and alert. When she saw Matthew looking at her, her face soon twisted into a scold. What was his problem now? Could he not let her sleep?

"Get out." He ordered, stepping back. 

She gazed at him dumbfounded. Get out? Why? Where were they? She looked around panicked.

Was he going to leave her at the side of the road? Maybe she should have been more kind to him.... 

As if sensing her panic Matthew spoke again. "We have reached home." 

She visibly calmed at his words...Oh that was a close one. 

She did as he asked and stepped out of the vehicle, as she bent to retrieve Hayden, Matthew stepped forward.

"Let me." She looked at him for a few seconds not sure if she should allow him to do so, but tiredness took over. 

"Fine." She nod. Was she being a bad mother by being too lazy to pick him up?