VII-William

My world has temporarily stopped. I know I wronged her.

I might be spending nights with random girls but kissing a married woman, I'm totally wrecked. Hindi ko napigilan ang sarili kong hampasin ang manibela ng sasakyan ko. Sana, I just surrendered my car key to Aaron. Sana nagdahilan na lang ako kay Geline para hindi na ko pumunta sa hotel kanina at sana di na ulit kami nagkita pa ng babaeng
yun. I should have controlled my body but what can I do? She was like a magnet, pulling me so close to her.

I don't want to ruin a family. Ayoko nang maulit pa ang nangyari sa akin at sa mga magulang ko. My parents who adopted me said that my biological father left my mom because he already has a family of his own. He fooled my mother and let her suffer by herself. Nine months of carrying me in her womb na walang kasama, na nag-iisa. Mabuti na
lang at may mga NGO na tumutulong sa mga single parent like my mom. They were there in her darkest days. I know what happened between my mom and my biological father (should I even call him father?) was never love, it was just pure lust that brought me into this world.

Lagi nilang sinasabi that my life is a miracle dahil nabuhay ako pero sana I just died rather than living a life like this.

I started the car but totally clueless on where to go. I dialled my counselor's number but it was just ringing. Gusto ko sanang humingi ng tulong, may makausap lang bago pa ko mabaliw. Nakalayo na ako sa hotel pero ang isip ko nasa kanya pa rin. I still taste the orange juice at the corner of her lips, I still feel the warmth of her hands on my
nape. I wish I could have savoured every inch of her until we both forget that we were in the elevator. Who cares? I'd be gentle.

'Wake up William, this is wrong!' I scolded myself from lusting again but I heard the other part of me tempting me to go back to the hotel and run away with her 'You felt it. She liked the way you kissed her. She even kissed you back. She needs you William. She wants you too.'

I was about to dial Aaron's number and ask him out for a drink when I heard a rather familiar ring tone.

Who am I?
That the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel I'm hurt.

It's Casting Crowns' Who am I that served as her ring tone. I used to sing that song too whenever my dad would ask me. I would gladly perform just for the sake of singing. And it feels good when people admire you. I sing not for the Lord but just to make my parents happy and fulfill the obligation of a missionary's adopted child.

So Okay? So that lady believes in Jesus? And yet, her husband is fooling her?

Bakit nga ba kahit na malapit ka sa Diyos, nasasaktan ka pa rin? Nahihirapan ka pa rin? Ganoon ba talaga mag mahal ang Diyos? 'Hindi William. You are wrong. God is calling you back that's why you met her.' I set aside my thoughts. How would God be using a married woman to change me? Common.

At ang phone niya, why did I even get her phone? Ano bang dahilan at naging snatcher ako? What if I just snatch her from her husband who didn't even care about her? Who didn't show up in their dinner date?

I got her phone and saw that a certain "best" with 3 hearts has been calling her. Bakit di ko ba narinig kanina? Baka dahil sa sobrang pag-iisip. Who could this best be? Her husband? Does that mean she calls her husband best hubby? Best sweetheart? Best what? He calls that guy who thinks highly of himself to the point of putting all the lady's efforts to waste as someone best?

Huminga ako ng malalim bago ko sinagot ang phone. I should be able to come up with a good excuse at sana malusutan ko to. Ayokong mas lalong lumala ang di nila pagkakaunawaan ng asawa niya kahit na may bahagi ng utak kong nagsasabing paghiwalayin sila at gawin siyang akin. SELFISH me.

"Hello?"

Walang sumagot sa kabilang linya.

"Hello?"

The phone died. Battery empty na pala. I checked on her phone's brand at di ko napigilang hampasin ang noo ko. We don't have the same phone brands. How will I be able to charge this?

I need rescue. I need to call someone who knows almost everything.

"Mang Danny, saan kaya ako pwede mag charge ng phone na hindi akin?"---Pinilit kong magsalita ng tagalog ng tuluy-tuloy. Mang Danny is my on call driver. Well, he pretty knows my secrets. I trust Mang Danny enough. And that makes us four. Ako, si Aaron, Geline at Mang Danny. Yes. My secrets are shared among the four of us. I need an on call driver just in case I cant drive home out of drunkenness.

"Ano ho sir?"

"Ahmmm. May napulot kasi akong phone, ahmm.. lobat kasi kaya kailangan ko magcharge. Kaso gabi na so hindi ko alam kung may mabibilihan pa kong charger."

"Easy lang yan sir. Daan ho kayo sa kahit na anong 7/11 branch. Meron ho silang charging station. Mura lang sir, may per minute yatang charge dun sir eh."

"Oo nga Mang Danny! Nakita ko nga minsan nag charge ka dun. Salamat Mang Danny ang galing mo."--- I don't know what happened but knowing that there's a way that I can check her phone made me happy. Why did I not even think of stalking her own phone? Para alam ko na ang pangalan niya at hindi na lang siya "that lady" or "grocery lady".

"Sir, mukhang masaya kayo masyado ah. Kaninong phone ba yang napulot mo sir? Magandang hot chick ba?"----Mang Danny really knows me.

I smiled at the thought of the phone's owner. Hindi lang siya maganda Mang Danny, she is breathtaking and I don't know, but there's a part of me telling me that I would like to spend not just one night with her, only if she is not married, only, if she is available, only if she would tell me that she doesn't love that "best with three hearts" anymore and she is willing to spend ecstatic nights with me. I would take the risk.

"Ewan ko Mang Danny. Di ko kilala may-ari kasi lobat nga yung phone. Salamat Mang Danny ha. Good night po."

I drove fast and headed to the nearest 7/11 store. I need to charge her phone first and sort things out after.

***

So thank you guys for making this number 9. We are all grateful. ❤️

***

Our daily reflection for today