30. Let's Keep it This Way

Zayn's POV

The hum of music could be heard in my dressing room as I was getting ready for tonight's show. Today was the last show in London and we'd be moving onto shows throughout England. As I finished getting dressed, I got my hair done by Lou and was ready for the show. I met with the boys backstage and do the cheer circle that everyone does during a big game or show. 

During the concert, the fans were amazing. Liam, however, was not. He ignored me all day and now ignored the whole time during the show. I'd sing to him, but he wouldn't look at me. I'd give him a gentle rub on the chin, but he  would turn his head away. I'd just sigh and go on with singing and performing the song. 

Once we were done performing, we went straight to our tour bus. We went inside and everyone looked at what would be our new 'home' for months now. It wasn't as small as I thought it would be, because I'd never seen a tour bus that people live in, but this was incredible. Everyone had their own little bed slot with curtains and all. There was also a sitting are with a TV, for all of us to hang out and play video games if we wanted to. 

I looked over at Liam who was sitting at the hang out area with Niall, testing out their TV and all. I went up to him and grabbed his hand and pulled him up as hard as I could, because I know he could have stayed in place if he wanted to. I brought him over the other end of the bus so that lads didn't have to hear our conversation. 

"What do you want Zayn?" he asked crossing his arms over. 

"I want you to tell me why you're ignoring me and why you're being so passive towards me?" I said. 

"I'm not," he shrugged his shoulders. 

"Bullshit. Yes you are. Tell me what I did, because I honestly have no idea." 

"Oh you don't know. You don't know that long and passionate hug that you and Harry shared?" 

"Liam...it was just a hug. He's my friend and you know that. It was just a hug." 

Liam uncrossed his arms and sighed. He rubbed his eyes and then looked back at me, "I know it's just a hug. I don't know," he groans, "I just get jealous when I see you doing anything with Harry." 

"Liam...Harry is just my friend. I promise you. I'm going to hug my friend and I'm going to hang out with them and I'm going to do thing with him that friends do, so I'm telling you this now so you don't get jealous later on and get mad at me. I love you and you only. I promise that. I'd never do anything to lose you. Remember that. Always remember that, okay?" I said holding hands. 

"Yeah," he smiled a little and hugged me, "I'm sorry." 

"I love you," I whispered in his ear as I hugged him tighter. 

I love you is the only thing that I could ever always say to Liam. It's what I relied on. I do love him, more than anything, but when he stops believing me what else am I suppose to say or do? So I repeat those words to him as much as I can and I hope that only he'll take it as genuine and does second guess my affection towards him. I know Liam. I know him better than anyone and I know that's he's still not completely over the cheating thing, but the only thing I can say to him to make anything better is just a simple 'I love you' to make him realize that I do, but I don't think he believes me. 

Liam's always been stubborn, but sometimes his stubbornness ruins thing and frustrates me. This time, I knew I had to be patient or I could lose him forever, and I didn't want that. I love him. I intertwined my hand in his and led him back the sitting area on the bus where the rest of the lads were. As I sat down on the couch, Liam sat next to me leaning into my arm. I wrapped my one of my arms around his shoulder and he instantly intertwined his hand with mine. I gave him a gentle kiss on his temple and he started rubbing his thumb on my hand.