47. Love You Goodbye

Liam

"Hey," I mumbled.

He stood in front of me looking at me weirdly.

"Your sister let me in. Walihya," I said, "I just came here to apologize. About yesterday."

"Okay," he said.

"I really am sorry Zayn. I didn't mean to make you upset. I just wanted an-"

"I said okay Liam. You're forgiven. As long as we're both on the same page," he shrugged.

"Yeah. Same page. Just friends," I said with hand gestures.

He smiled, "Good."

"Yeah," I shrugged after shoving my hands in my pocket, "Well I should go now. I'll see you later."

"I was actually about to go do some painting. Wanna come with?" he asked.

"Sure," I smiled

With that he and I headed out to the art studio. I sighed when I saw the first painting that's visible as soon as you walk in. It was of me and Zayn. It was the first painting he painted in this studio and he painted it as the first visible painting just for this reason: to see our relationship and the person he loves - loved.

He completely ignored it though. Or at least pretended like it was nothing but another one of his meaningless paintings, and walked to the next empty wall to paint on.

I sat down against the wall behind him. Just watched his cute little bum as he painted away on the canvas. However, a couple minutes later he walked over to me and handed me a brush.

"C'mon. Help me paint. I need it. This wall is pretty big. You don't have to do any artsy thing. Just paint the whole wall this color please?" He asked.

"I have to go Zayn," I said as I got up.

"We just got here Liam," he pushed on for more information.

"Yeah and I realized that I have to do something else," I shrugged.

Then I went outside and caught me a taxi to take me back to my flat. Louis was there once I got home. He was sitting on the couch and eating some popcorn with a bottle of beer. I smiled softly and sat down next to him, resting my head on his shoulders.

"I'm happy you and Zayn are friends again," I said.

"Okay Li. What's wrong?" He turned off the tv and looked at me.

"Zayn doesn't want to be with me. At all," I sighed.

"That's crazy. Have you guys seen yourself the past few months," he smiled.

"I know. I thought so too, but I made it clear yesterday and today and that he didn't want to be more than just a friend to me. But I want more. And just now I went to the art studio and I saw the painting he painted of us and it just made realize our past together and how stupid I've been and how I wish I could turn back time to still be with him."

"Just tell him that," he shrugged.

"No. I can't. I'd rather just be friends and have him him be in my life than to lose him completely by that suggestion. He'd flip."

"I'll talk to him. Find out what he really wants okay?" He smiled.

"I love you Lou," I smiled.

"I know," he smiled. 

Later, Louis went out to hang out with his new girlfriend since she was in town. I went and hung out with Niall, and then Harry and Zayn came as well. We were just chilling around Niall's place having a drink and some snacks and watching some TV. So when Niall and Harry were in the kitchen grabbing some extra snacks for us, Zayn leaned over towards me.