16. Start Over

Liam's POV

"Wake up sleepy head!" Niall shouted.

I covered my head with my blanket and groaned. I didn't want to get up. I was too tired and lazy. Niall, Louis, and I spent almost all of lat night playing stupid games. It was fun at the time and no one was tired then, but not it's too early to get up, and I just wanna sleep.

"Come on," Niall said pulling the blanket off me, "We are going to hang out at the cafe. So get dressed and ready."

"I don't want to go," I said trying to grab my blanket.

"You're acting like Zayn now," Niall said pulling away the blanket from me.

I just stared at him wondering how he could ever think that or mention something of the sort. I groaned and forced myself to stand up. Afterward Niall smiled at me proudly, and I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and change my clothes. I sprayed some cologne on me and went outside.

"What's for breakfast?" I asked Niall.

"Nothing. We'll have something at the cafe," Niall said.

"Where's Louis?" I asked looking around.

"He's in the car trying to get it warm for us."

I put on my shoes, and so did Niall. We walked down to the car together and he sat in the passenger seat. Our drive to the cafe was short and once we parked we found some seats my window at the cafe. After we ordered our drinks and snacks, Harry and Zayn joined us. They didn't arrive at the same time, but Zayn arrived shortly after Harry.

Zayn sat across from me. He ordered his usual drink and got some pastries on the side. It's been about like two months since I broke up Zayn, and it's been about like a week since he cried at the fair when I threw that ring away. I didn't expect him to be so upset about it, but I guess he was.

Zayn and I aren't exactly on bad terms, but I think he's come to the terms that he and I are done. We talk occasionally, more like rarely, I guess. He's been ignoring me ever since the fair, but it's not like I've been trying to talk to him. It's just that he doesn't look at me as often as he always used to and he doesn't try to talk to me much anymore. Not that I have a problem with it. I think it's fine that he doesn't talk to me anymore, and he's starting to realize that he and I done completely.

Even though Zayn and I are done, he hasn't seemed like he's been dating Harry. I would have though they would have gotten together, but I don't they have. They just seem really friendly to each other, but he can do whatever he wants, because it's not my problem anymore.

"...and we were going around town wondering what to do. We didn't just want to go to a bar or club, because we do that like all the time, so we went to a museum instead. Yeah a museum. So we go to a museum and it was all this history crap, and we got really, really, really bored. So we went to like the bathroom and then we found this secret hallway thing. It was like a secret passage in the museum, and it was freaking cool. They had all these skulls and paintings and way creepy stuff, and Liam got freaked out and wanted to leave. Acting like the baby he is," Louis said.

"Hey! I was not freaked out! Or acting like a baby!" I said.

"Oh yeah, I'm sorry. You were holding onto Niall's arm and not letting go of him until we left the museum!" Louis said.

"One time, Liam and I went to spook housing for Halloween, and it wasn't that bad of a spook house, but Liam got really scared because these people would come out really close to your face to scare you randomly. You would never see them coming because the place was so dark, but one of the guys scared him so bad he screamed and jumped on my back for a second. After that he held my arms, rather tightly, until we got home," Zayn mumbled.