54. Pouring Soul

I was on my way back from the studio to go home and I was swarmed by so many people: fans, paparazzi, news reporters. It was all crazy and I've never had so many people follow me snapping pictures, asking how I was, and what my next plan was. It was normal for pics and asking about our music, so I just told them they'd have to wait for the next album. However, that wasn't the answer they were looking for. Not even remotely close because they gave a confused look, which I returned as well. 

Then I heard the question I wanted none of them to know of: Is it true you were raped? There was no sugar coating the question. They went ahead and got right to the point. A point in which I had wanted none of them to know about. My heart rate went a mile a minute and I was suddenly suffocating around all the people. My pace quickened to get to my car faster than I expected to and I ignored them all, mostly because my mind was filled with thoughts of how they found out and what I was going to do. I still heard question and comments coming from behind me and one struck me right in the heart. 

So I quickly got in my car and drove off onto the road, speeding to get away from all the past-bringing questions and memories that were flooding my mind. My heart rate wouldn't slow down and neither did the speed of my car. When I reached my house, my back slammed against the door as it shut closed and sighed of relief from being in my safe place and away from all the prying eyes and gossip leeches. 

"Hey babe," Zayn smiled as he peeked his head down from the balcony bridge of the house that connects one side of the house to the other. 

Zayn's hair was messed up and he had random spots on paint of his hands and shirt. I looked up at him in disbelief and shook my head head upstairs to my bedroom to get changed. Zayn followed me in as I changing and stood by the doorway with his hands in his pockets. 

"What's going on Liam?" He asked genuinely concerned. 

I stood in my spot for a couple seconds thinking about whether it could be true or not. Whether Zayn actually did tell someone...the world...about my history. But he wouldn't do that to me. But he was the only person that knew. 

"You know exactly what's going on. You did this," I said monotonously. 

"What are you talking about Liam?" He furrowed his eyebrows. 

"Don't bullshit me Zayn. You told everyone. How could you? This wasn't your secret to tell Zayn. This was about me and what happened to me. This has nothing to do with you. So how could you?" I said raising my voice little by little. 

"Liam," he sighed, "Listen to me please." 

"No. No. NO. I do-I just- I want you gone. Right now. I don't wanna be near you. Please just go. Crash at Lou's or something, but you're not spending the night here." 

"Liam, babe-"

"Don't. No, you don't get to say that after what you did." 

"Liam..." 

"Just go Zayn," I said before going to the bathroom and locking the door. 

I then took a nice hot shower. The steam slowly painted the all the mirrors and glasses in the bathroom. I just stood under the hot droplets hitting my skin that brought so much relaxation and peace that I lost track of time of being in the shower. I got out and changed into some sweatpants and a black t-shirt. I dried my hair with a towel and hung the towel on the towel hanger before walking out. 

Zayn was sitting on the the edge of the bed with his elbows on his knees with his hands folded. I sighed when I saw him and he look up at me and quickly got up to walk towards me.