34. Our lives

Zayn's POV

Everyone in the room except for Liam, Harry, Niall, and Louis raised their hands. I rubbed my eyes and shook my head in disbelief. I knew I shouldn't have done it. The managers went on with the song selection and I left the room the room. I didn't give a damn about any of the other shitty songs they put on the album. They said the fans wouldn't like my song because it didn't fit the image of the band and type of music of the band.

I sat outside the room in the hallways and resting my elbows on my knees and head in my hands. I felt a pair of hands rubbing my back and immediately rested my head on his shoulders. He moved on to rubbing my arms to comfort me as he placed a gentle kiss on the top of my head.

"It was a stupid idea," I mumbled.

"No it wasn't Zayn," he whispered.

Liam calmed me down, so I placed a kiss on his cheek before one of the managers wanted to see me. Liam said he'd wait for me, but I told him to go on with the lads and that I'd meet him back at Louis's flat. I went in to the office of one of the managers and sat down at the seat. The manager along with a group of other three women came into the room. Not even without a greeting or introduction, they begun.

Telling me they wanted to try something new and different for the band. They wanted to put on a good image for me, I didn't t know what they were talking about. Then one of the women brought in a blonde girl and they introduced me to her. I smiled at her in politeness and looked back in at the manager for more clarification. Then words spilled our of their mouths, but I only caught a few: girlfriend, date, image.

Soon enough the girl and I were walking out to my car. Once I got in I looked at her confused of where we were going, but she quickly reminded me that we'd be going to a cafe. Any cafe, but just somewhere we can go hang out or something. I still didn't fully grasp what was going on, but I just drove to the nearest cafe and the next thing I know is that we were sat eating a muffin and drinking coffee together.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I caught your name?" I asked.

"Perrie," she smiled and sipped her coffee.

"I'm Zayn. It's nice to meet you. I'm sorry I was just a little out of it. It's been a bad day, and then this gets thrown on me. Not that I don't want to be here, it's just-" I started.

"It's okay. I get it. It's a bit new to me too. They told me they wanted to promote us and the best way to do that was by your band since your quite popular and stuff now."

"You're a singer?" I asked amused.

"Yeah. I'm in a band. We're called Little Mix."

They tried out on the x-factor, each individually, and were put into a band later on. They've released a single, she tells me, and they're just really trying to get known. Which is why the managers suggested this date and relationship apparently because it's news to see who's in a relationship with a big boyband.

Soon enough, I've realized that her and I have talked for hours. She's really sweet and pretty, and she's very intelligent too. Easy to talk to. I smile at her when she makes a silly coffee pun and then our conversation quickly changes to the ice skating.

"I've never been," I shrugged.

"No? No way," she got up and urged me to get up as well.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"You and I are are going to go ice skating as our first date," she smiled and pulled me to the car.

I took her to the ice skating ring and before I could go on the rink itself, I stopped and stared at her nervous and scared.