5. I Want You In My Life

Harry

"Hey," Zayn said.

"Hey," I smiled.

"You ready to go?" He asked.

"Yeah, I nodded and looked around the house one last time. We won't be gone too long right? I need to be ba-"

"Yeah, I know. I'll get you back before nine o'clock. I promise," he said.

"Thanks."

"Now c'mon!" He said leading me to his car.

I followed him and sat down in the passenger seat. I watched him as he started the car.

"So where exactly are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see! Just wait," he said smiling.

I smiled and turned on some music. Zayn and I have been getting pretty close recently. Like, we've been hanging out quite a lot these past couple of weeks whether if it was just him and me or his friends as well. His friends weren't bad either, they were quite nice and when they asked me something or said something that was a touchy subject like my family, Zayn always changed the subject. I don't blame them though, they don't know much about my background, so.

"Zayn?" I said.

"Yeah, Harry?"

I stared at him for a bit, thinking about whether I should say what I actually felt at that moment. Zayn was amazing and incredible to me, and although some things may have occurred before, I still wasn't quite sure what anything meant.

"Harry?" He said again.

"Yeah?"

"What?" He asked.

"Oh uh nothing, I just wanted to tell you that I'm glad we're doing this. Hanging out. Well recently we have been a lot, and I'm glad for it. You're like the only real friend I've had in a while," I said nervously.

All he did was smile and kept driving. Around 20 minutes later he pulled into a parking spot. That was quite a long drive actually, almost 50 minutes total. Zayn got out and opened the trunk, as I got out as well. He pulled out a woven picnic basket then started walking across the park and spreading a blanket under a shady tree. We sat down together and I watched him pulling out some food.

"So we're having a picnic?" I asked.

"Yeah? Do you like picnics?" He asked.

"Yeah, I just didn't expect that that's what we were coming all this way to do," I said.

"Well, do you like it?"

I smiled and nodded. I honestly did like it, I thought the spot was beautiful. It was by a lake with lotuses that had the typical bridge over the water. The sun was shining, but not too bright and hot, it was perfect.

"Well I don't have an amazing brunch or anything, but I've got some snacks. Not everyone's an amazing cook like you," he said smiling.

"It's fine Zayn, it's still thoughtful," I smiled.

He basically just had some fruit such as grapes, watermelon, strawberries, blueberries. He also had some whipped cream and chocolate fruit dip too. He also had some water and wine, like the typical picnics.

He ate some of the fruits and fed me a strawberry covered in whipped cream. I ate it and smiled.

"So Harry?" He said looking at me.

"Yeah?" I looked back at him.

"I haven't told you this yet, but these past few weeks have been fun too, and I'm glad you consider me as a really good friend. I like that, and I want that." he said sitting up straight and looking right into my eyes.